Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Idle, once again

1999responselxlostlake

I have a 1999 Response LX w/ a 350 MPI Merc Cruiser. Some times when I start it it will idle high. I shut it off and restart it and most of the time it will Idle normally again. Has anyone ever experienced this? Would love to hear some feed back and possible ways to troubleshoot the problem. Any new Ideas on this problem? Remember, I don't have snakes on the Boat!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

MY idle mysteriously would go to 1100 rpm, then sometimes drop back to 500 when I shifted in and out of drive. I adjusted the throttle cable at the throttle plate and cured it. Now 500 - 600 everytime, solid as a rock.

I would start looking for a vacuum leak! It is very common for that to cause the PCM to try and adjust for running lean, you can try using propane. While the engine is running spray it around the throttle body and intake manifold.

Good Luck

I have a 1999 Response LX w/ a 350 MPI Merc Cruiser. Some times when I start it it will idle high. I shut it off and restart it and most of the time it will Idle normally again. Has anyone ever experienced this? Would love to hear some feed back and possible ways to troubleshoot the problem. Any new Ideas on this problem? Remember, I don't have snakes on the Boat!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Since it's a Mercruiser. SkiDim won't have many parts, but Marinepartsexpress will. They helped me with my Mercruiser 350 Magnum Ski in my Echelon. They have complete engine schematics for all Mercruiser engines. It is great for determining the parts you'll need and how everthing goes together. Give them a call.MarinePartsExpress.com. Edited by Surfin247