Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Check-List

I have seen the new boat check-list thread.

Does anyone keep a list of things to check before/after use of your boat?

I don't have a checklist per se, just sort of a routine.

Trailer

~ Tires - pressure, wear, etc (we actually caught one the other day that's got a bulge in the side of it), check your spare too

~ hubs - visually check for any leaks

~ rest of trailer - tie downs (both front & rear), lights, chains, etc.

The trailer is more important to us than it is to some that may live on a lake or close to one. We trailer an hour in each direction, so it's got to be in good working order.

Boat

~ Check to make sure that all gear is in & stowed correctly (we all have our own versions of that, so I won't go into detail - when I say gear, I mean everything)

~ Lately I've been checking the voltage at the batteries to be sure that they're in good shape, mainly because I was chasing what turned out to be 2 different problems. A voltage meter is cheap & easy to throw in the toolbox.

~ Check to see if we'll need gas (every time)

~ Every other time or so I take a peak at the fluid levels.

I think that it breaks down into 3 categories for me - 1) things I check annually, 2) things I check semi-frequently depending on use (maybe monthly?), & 3) things I check very frequently or every time out. I'm sure that I'm forgetting a few things since I'm trying to think of all of this out of context, I'll add them as I think of them.