Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Favorite Brand of Flipflop??

multiplemalibufamily

A very important piece of gear for any Malibucrew member is a good pair of flipflops. Excluding the cheap drugstore variety, what is your favorite brand of flipflops and why? I am deliberately excluding Teeva style of sandals here as here in Colorado, Teevas are favored by kayakers and other enviromental protesters. I certainly am not a kayaker and am very opposed to enviromental shutdowns to boating use. A good pair of flipflops is a must and believe or not, a bit difficult to find in the western half of this state. Your thoughts on this very important piece of gear are welcome.

Edited by multiplemalibufamily

REEF!!!!

wouldnt buy anything else, I got a bottle opener on the bottom of them what else can i say!!

REally though there the most comfortable sandals ive ever worn and they have quite a bit to chose from as well!

A very important piece of gear for any Malibucrew member is a good pair of flipflops. Excluding the cheap drugstore variety, what is your favorite brand of flipflops and why? I am deliberately excluding Teeva style of sandals here as here in Colorado, Teevas are favored by kayakers and other enviromental protesters. I certainly am not a kayaker and am very opposed to enviromental shutdowns to boating use. A good pair of flipflops is a must and believe or not, a bit difficult to find in the western half of this state. Your thoughts on this very important piece of gear are welcome.

I suggest you invest in a pair of Reef brand sandals, furthermore from the "Mick Fanning" line-up. I got my first pair of Reef Mick Fanning Sandals a few years ago and have purchased several more since. They are comfortable and durable with an air pocket under the heal. However, the best feature of all is that they have a built in bottle opener on the bottom of each sandal!

REEF!!!!

wouldnt buy anything else, I got a bottle opener on the bottom of them what else can i say!!

REally though there the most comfortable sandals ive ever worn and they have quite a bit to chose from as well!

Thanks for the reply! My apologies to the Crew members for the double posting. Had to edit post for a mispelled word and shazam now I got two posts. This has happened more than once and I have been told it is a problem with my server and how they process data. Anyway thanks and please accept my apologies.

REEF!!! Is there any other pair of sandals worth owning??? I have six pairs of the Fannings with the bottle openers on the bottom.

You should also take a look at the Reef Dram Sandal as well, they have a built in Flask!! Beer.gif and the Reef stash sandals have a place for your license, money, etc... anything slim that can fit. I love Reef, especially the girls! Rockon.gif

If you have feet that need some support, I have found that the Olu Kai flip flops offer the greatest amount of support for your feet. They are a bit pricey but they are like wearing Birkenstocks without having to look like a hippie. Biggrin.gif You could walk Disneyland all day in them.

www.olukai.com

Rob

REEF!!!!

Plus1.gif Reef. Hated flip-flops til |I got a pair of these!!!!

Reef and Rainbow.

However, I try to avoid drinking from shoes or using bottle openers that have been through dirt. :)

Reason I like Reef is that those fit great, are comfortable and good around water. Plus the arch support is good if standing around a lot. I think these things come out of Brazil and I was there recently and picked up a few pair cheap.

I've also got a lot of use from Rainbows and those are fairly inexpensive and so far have been good around water. I prefer the leather versions and not the plastic sole versions.

I have a pair of Reefs and the Chacos I own win hands down. They are much more comfortable for me than the Reefs and have much better support. No opener in the sole but opening a beer with the bottom of my shoe always seemed a little gross.

Sanuk Sandals, these are the ultimate in comfort and fashion.

OK, I vote fo Sanuk's too - but those green ones are Nasty!

My Sanuk's are saweeeet.

I had a pair of Reefs. Agree, they are comfy and durable. I'm loving the Sanuk's though. Very comfy. highly recommend them.

http://www.sanuk.com/

I've got a pair of the Donny's. They come in multiple colors. They are NOT a shoe. They even say that on the packaging :)

I've got a pair of Chacos too. Very good water sandal. If you're going for a water sandle that shows durability, ability to climb on stuff, no slip then the Chacos are the way to go. If you're going for 'flip flop' then Sanuk or Reef.

I have a pair of Reefs and the Chacos I own win hands down. They are much more comfortable for me than the Reefs and have much better support. No opener in the sole but opening a beer with the bottom of my shoe always seemed a little gross.

Can't believe that it took this many posts to have chacos mentioned. My chaco flips are not just my favorite sandals, they are my favorite shoe of all time.

I learned the little trick for opening beer bottles with pretty much any utensil, newspaper, lighter etc. in the vicinity. So, don't need my shoes for that.

CAUTION: I love Reefs too (5 pair)...however, the ones with the bottle opener on bottom leave nice gouges in paint and fiberglass!! I became a voice of experience when someone stepped on my gunwale with a pair and put some nice gouges in the side. They do make Reefs without the opener; I now opt for those.

Sanduks are great too.

CAUTION: I love Reefs too (5 pair)...however, the ones with the bottle opener on bottom leave nice gouges in paint and fiberglass!! I became a voice of experience when someone stepped on my gunwale with a pair and put some nice gouges in the side. They do make Reefs without the opener; I now opt for those.

Sanduks are great too.

Don't let any shoe or sandal touch your boat.