Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Idle

1999responselxlostlake

I have a 1999 Response LX w/ a 350 MPI Merc Cruiser. Some times when I start it it will idle high. I shut it off and restart it and most of the time it will Idle normally again. Has anyone ever experienced this? Would love to hear some feed back and possible ways to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks

sounds like its a typical EFI system operating. when the motor is cold it revs high to compensate for the cold air in the motor, when the motor heats up it idles normally.

your car should do this too.

sounds like its a typical EFI system operating. when the motor is cold it revs high to compensate for the cold air in the motor, when the motor heats up it idles normally.

your car should do this too.

my '99 and '00 rlx, neither one did/does this at all. both start and idle at the same rpm whether hot or cold...

It will do it either Hot or Cold. When it does it, Sometimes I hear a hissing sound?

if you hear a hissing sound then you could have a vacuum leak at the intake = new gaskets

edit. esspecially if it does it both hot/cold

Edited by H20ski Dude

not very familiar with EFI systems.. best bet if you're asking is take it to somebody that can throw a computer on it. the engine should tell you whats wrong.

It will do it either Hot or Cold. When it does it, Sometimes I hear a hissing sound?

Have you checked for Snakes on the Boat? oh wait..that's "Snakes on a Plane"...disregard... Whistling.gif

Have you checked for Snakes on the Boat? oh wait..that's "Snakes on a Plane"...disregard... Whistling.gif

No Snakes. Just happens on occasion, Just enough to be aggrevaiting.