Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Reuben or Red - The Great Debate

Malibu Barnsley Oz

Hi All. We are first time Malibu buyers here in Queensland, Australia. Not too many of these around on our local river and at the dam you mainly see red & black. Husband and wife debate between red or reuben is apparent with our new boat colour selection.

We are using the pattern of that of the 08 brochure on Page 23 which shows in Reuben (Hull Base White; Hull Main White; Hull Accent Reuben; Deck Base White; Deck Main White; Deck Accent 1 Reuben; Deck Accent 2 Reuben). We like how the centre section in white gives the boat a longer line. By the way it is a VTX we have ordered. The Queensland dealer does not have any boats in their showroom with any Reuben on it. Our concern is that maybe Reuben is a too dark. We like red also, but in my opinion everyone goes Red.

It is a hard choice to make when you can't see the colour in 'real life'.

Your comments/thoughts/opinions appreciated. Which way would you go?

Thanks for your time!

Hi All. We are first time Malibu buyers here in Queensland, Australia. Not too many of these around on our local river and at the dam you mainly see red & black. Husband and wife debate between red or reuben is apparent with our new boat colour selection.

We are using the pattern of that of the 08 brochure on Page 23 which shows in Reuben (Hull Base White; Hull Main White; Hull Accent Reuben; Deck Base White; Deck Main White; Deck Accent 1 Reuben; Deck Accent 2 Reuben). We like how the centre section in white gives the boat a longer line. By the way it is a VTX we have ordered. The Queensland dealer does not have any boats in their showroom with any Reuben on it. Our concern is that maybe Reuben is a too dark. We like red also, but in my opinion everyone goes Red.

It is a hard choice to make when you can't see the colour in 'real life'.

Your comments/thoughts/opinions appreciated. Which way would you go?

Thanks for your time!

I got my 2008 VTX about a month ago - it is Reuben, white and black - It is sweet if I do say so myself. I haven't but will take pictures today if the rain stops and put them up for you to see. I don't think the Reuben is all that dark, but it isn't bright red either. Looks great in person. My previous boat was a Red, yellow and White Tige and this is a much nicer, easier on the eyes red. (IMO)

Personally, I like Reuben much better with white & Red with black.

There isn't that much of a difference between the two, but the Reuben looks much richer with the white to offset it.

Personally, I like Reuben much better with white & Red with black.

There isn't that much of a difference between the two, but the Reuben looks much richer with the white to offset it.

Plus1.gif

I have Regal with Black on my VTX... I think it is a great combination but if I didn't have the Black... It would have been Rueben and White.

I actually prefer Sangria to either, but that's probably too dark for you. So if it's just those 2, then I'd choose Reuben all the way.
I second sangria. Perfect colors Sangria Sandstone and Black. Thumbup.gif
I actually prefer Sangria to either, but that's probably too dark for you. So if it's just those 2, then I'd choose Reuben all the way.
I second sangria. Perfect colors Sangria Sandstone and Black. Thumbup.gif

Sangria for me - the red is just too "orange" for me. I really like the way the Sangria looks on the trailer and the water. If you don't want that dark, then reuben for sure.

I'm a fan of Sangria too, but personally, red still looks hot with the right accents. A la the boat Cougar1 is trying to sell in the Boats for Sale forum. I also really dig red as an accent like one Edwin's RLXi. His boat is sexy as all get-out with the red and black together.

103-0347_IMG.JPG

Regal red! Thumbup.gif I see 2008 on order im your profile... aren't Malibu into the 2009 now?

Edited by 1FootDan
Regal red! Thumbup.gif I see 2008 on order im your profile... aren't Malibu into the 2009 now?

Well we are a little partial to reuben Whistling.gif we love it Yahoo.gif