Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Weird Things on your Prop

crom

We were out tubing today and everything is going great when all of a sudden the bu starts to shudder and vibrate! All sorts of worst case scenarios are running through my head: engine trouble, tranny trouble, you name it. Then I think prop! We are out in the middle off the lake so I know I didn't hit bottom, but I figure I will go check it out. And guess what I found? A freakin ball cap wrapped up around my prop! Just pulled it off and away we went. Had a laugh after about it. Biggrin.gif

I've pulled part of a tree we hit off one of the blades once.

My friend was driving, and I had just come up on <ahem> a kneeboard and he killed the engine. I'm like wtf? He said the boat just started shuttering. So, I swim under and start feeling around and there was a branch fully stuck on one of the blades. Pulled it off, examined for dings - all clear. Started riding again w/o incident.

Haven't had anything around my prop. I have hit a 2x8 peice of lumber at about 30 mph. The lake had a bunch of junk in it and I heard a clunk and the boat lost power. Dove in the water and checked the prop and the shaft and everything was alright. Then I tried to pull away and at about 10mph the boat started shaking violently and lost all speed. We crept back to the dock at 5-10 mph and took it out the next morning. We found a 2x8 jammed into one of the fins. Everything ended up fine but it sure scared us.

funny you ask: I pulled a bright pink bikini bottom of mine this weekend.

Cross-dressing still...lol

Yeah. He didn't say off mine, he said of mine. . .

ewww... way to ruin my mental image!

ewww... way to ruin my mental image!

Plus1.gif

Vomit.gif

Last year we took a friend tubing, at one point the screaming was louder then usual. We immediately stopped to learn she lost IT! ( so it might be hers, send some pics :) ). I could not stop laughing for a very long time, just typing this makes me smile.

BB

Last year we took a friend tubing, at one point the screaming was louder then usual. We immediately stopped to learn she lost IT! ( so it might be hers, send some pics :) ). I could not stop laughing for a very long time, just typing this makes me smile.

BB

pichers1.jpg

and the tail was floating.

Did you keep it?

no we didn't we should have though

Yup. Nothing like getting a good piece of tail after spotting a beaver.

:unsure:

Actually, now that I think about it, my wife once had to go in the water to remove the rope and buoy from a crab pot.

Beavers and crabs in 2 consecutive posts Jack??? What are you saying? :unsure:

Actually, now that I think about it, my wife once had to go in the water to remove the rope and buoy from a crab pot.

Beavers and crabs in 2 consecutive posts Jack??? What are you saying? :unsure:

:lol: Unrelated, fortunately. Biggrin.gif Although, she once found a big eel in a crab pot. . .

BB

pichers1.jpg

hahahahaha. I just checked back on this thread. You guys are too much!