Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'90 Euro F3?

jixxxer

Found a 1990 malibu skier euro f3,(closed bow) for sale near my area. It has 790 hours looks real clean in and out, perfect pass, ballast system in front, tower, racks, a lil sound for $8000. He said only thing needed is the rub rail to be replaced. Im not a big fan of closed bow but 90% of the time its me, my 5 yr. old son and one or two buddies at most. and all we do is wake board. Just sold a bayliner 175 so I really want an inboard. Anyway how is this price? Is this boat the same size as a prostar 190? Going look at it today prolly. Plz give me your feedback. I was looking at the 96 sunsetter but it sold, so now im thinking cheaper and closer to home. I may only keep it a year or 2 until I can step up to something bigger/better.

heres a link to the boat: 1990 skier f3

so, im guessing its not a very popular boat!

I don't know about the boat, but you get a lot more responses during the week. Everyone is at the lake right now, except for me of course with inlaws in town.

I don't consider myself the expert of boat prices, but I bought an older (1986) boat recently, and spend about a year tracking prices before I bought it. For being a closed bow, the $8500 asking price seems a little high. I would think more like $6500. I'm sure others will chime in. Just my imput.

went look at and test drove and wakeboarded behind it. I must say for a 90 its in real good shape, interior is in great cond. and so is the engine and exterior. Only need a rubrail. I was very impressed with the wake with about 1000# of ballast. Perfect pass works flawlessly. Boat sounded great, had a real good time. No its not my dream boat but for 8k or less seems like a good deal to me. Looked at a 1993, in a hair better cond. with a nicer tower but guy was firm on 13k!! And a prostar 190 in good cond. w/o p.p. for 10k firm, so I think his price is about right, especailly here in La., boats seem to be more than other states.

Jixxer,

I have a 1991 Euro F3 Skier with almost 600 hrs on it. We usually just wakeboard like yourself and we have been happy with the boat. We've had ours for 2 yrs now and would rather have an open bow since we normally have 5-6 people in the boat. Although for the price its hard to beat the boat. They can pull any skier that can hang onto the rope and the wakeboard wake is decent enough for me to easily clear the wake. Driving an inboard boat is a little different than you're used to but you'll get the hang on it after a few weekends at the lake. There are alot of threads about how to properly dock and load the boat on the trailer.

The boat probably has the 260 HP mercruiser 350 V-8. Its easy to get parts for it and its really easy to work on them. Plus most of the people here on the forum have had a boat similar to this and can help diagnose problems to save you a few troubleshooting hours.

Jamie

thanks, thats good to hear. I noticed its def. different to drive than an i/o but it cuts on a dime Yes.gif How much weight do u put in yours? The guy that owns was able to pull an invert while out riding, very impressive. Im gonna give it some thought today, and possilbly make him an offer. Then I'll be an official malibu owner, unless something else pops up real quick. I plan on keeping it for 2 years or so then upgrade. I started with a 16' larson with a 70hp outboard, it was a blast though, then i bought the balyiner, so Im progressing slowly but surely.

I love my boat. It's been great. Nice for footing and skiing. Can do some boarding and lightweight surfing.

The boat you're considering looks great. If the motor is as clean as the boat, go for it. Price sounds OK.

I had a 89' F3 and loved it, used it for strictly wakeboarding, I think people overlook the value in these boats, and I think $8K is a resonable price(you will probably sell it for $7,900 in 2 years anyhow). I now have an open bow and rarley use it. If the perfect pass works well that is a huge bonus. I Bought mine for $16,500 and sold it 3 years later for $17,500, back in 2001. Go get it before the summer runs out!!..........discaimer: I do not know the owner of this boat and am not trying to get it sold for him........Cheers........

....also, I leared all my wakebaording moves behind that boat (inverts & 360's, etc.)

Edited by hrybls

Ok, Im also looking at a 1990 prostar 190 in as good as cond. but without perfect pass or ballast. But does have a 3k sound system in it, he's asking 10K for where as the malibu is 7800 but needs steering cable(i think) and rubrail, it has an average sound system. Of coure over at the mastercraft board they all voted mc Shocking.gif , just looking for honest opinoins!

You probably can't go wrong with either boat. Just make sure you (or a competant mechanic) check the boat out before you buy. I would at least do a compression check on the engine and make sure there are no soft spots in the floor.

Ok, Im also looking at a 1990 prostar 190 in as good as cond. but without perfect pass or ballast. But does have a 3k sound system in it, he's asking 10K for where as the malibu is 7800 but needs steering cable(i think) and rubrail, it has an average sound system. Of coure over at the mastercraft board they all voted mc Shocking.gif , just looking for honest opinoins!

$3000 stereo=$250 resale value, I would not put much $$$ value on the stereo. Not to mention you could easily wake up one morning and that stereo system could be gone!!!! (I have seen it twice). Never owned an older MC, but I am sure they are good boats. Also if some one puts $3000 in stereo equiptment in a $7000 boat it makes me wonder, I sure would not buy a $10,000 honda civic with a $3000 stereo, because when I was 16 I did that and bagged the crap out my car and instead of getting an oil change I would buy a new snoop dogg CD instead.............just my opinion.

$3000 stereo=$250 resale value, I would not put much $$$ value on the stereo. Not to mention you could easily wake up one morning and that stereo system could be gone!!!! (I have seen it twice). Never owned an older MC, but I am sure they are good boats. Also if some one puts $3000 in stereo equiptment in a $7000 boat it makes me wonder, I sure would not buy a $10,000 honda civic with a $3000 stereo, because when I was 16 I did that and bagged the crap out my car and instead of getting an oil change I would buy a new snoop dogg CD instead.............just my opinion.

Boy those were the days. I miss the snoop dog days.