Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

sportser wake

mnkymush

hi , can anyone tell me what the wake is like on a 2003 sportster for wakeboarding compared to a 2005 i ride. ive seen the i ride +it looks more than suitable .. but ive not seen the sportster on the water.. thanks in anticipation.

Edited by mnkymush
hi , can anyone tell me what the wake is like on a 2003 sportster for wakeboarding compared to a 2005 i ride. ive seen the i ride +it looks more than suitable .. but ive not seen the sportster on the water.. thanks in anticipation.

We had a sportster I think you would be better off with the i ride if you ever want to wakesurf or board with a lot of weight in the boat. The draft is so small on the sporster that we flooded it a lot. It was a fun boat though, nothing will quite drive like the sportster on the water. I'd test drive both and see what you think. The I ride I believe is the same hull as the 2003 VLX.

I too would go for the iride. My family and I have an 02 direct drive wakesetter (which is the same boat as the I ride), and for wakeboarding you can get a solid wake out of it. I myself am a skier and I have skied and boarded some behind our boat. I have also skied behind a closed bow sporster, and as far as ski wakes go. You can tell the weight difference in the two boats. Leaves me left to assume that the wakeboarding wake due to more weight because of a bigger boat will be bigger on the iride. My vote go I ride you won't be dissapointed.

thanks for the replies, everything said makes complete sense.. i guess theres no substitute for size+weight .. thanks agin for the information ,much appreceated ..