Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat trailer guides

What do you use to cover the 2 poles on the back of you trailer?

I think they come stock with general PVC piping, but is there something

nicer you can use?

I was thinking of using the slalom rope tube thing, that protects the spotter from

springy handles flying at the boat. :) [What do you call that?]

Can that work?, does it fit?

Suggestions?

Thx,

My cheap solution was to use pipe insulation and my wife made canvas covers for them. I don't know how long the insulation will last, but I think we spent a total of $20.

I got screaming sacs Thumbup.gif . I also have 2 pipes that I wrapped 1/8th inch tick foam (the kind used under floating floor) until they were tight between the guide posts and the rubrail. I then covered them with black duct tape. I use those to aligne my boat perfectly on the trailer. My ramp is pretty steep so I can't actually drive up the bunks, the trailer just comes up underneath when I get out of the water. This makes comming out much quicker and prevents any damages from the trailer fenders touching the gelcoat.

My cheap solution was to use pipe insulation and my wife made canvas covers for them. I don't know how long the insulation will last, but I think we spent a total of $20.

Canvas? Cool, what was the material like?

Where'd you get it from?

thx,

Canvas? Cool, what was the material like?

Where'd you get it from?

thx,

You should be able to get it at any fabric store. I think she got it at JoAnns. It isn't super cheap, but for this particular project we didn't need much.