Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lake Oroville

Romi

Hello everyone,

We are houseboating at Oroville for the first time Aug 8 to Aug 15. I know that the water is low and they will probably be using steel mats at the ramps. Is there any cautions I should take or tips from those of you who spend a lot of time up there?

Please if you see us come by and say hi. We have 3 house boats and within the group is 2 malibus (mine: 05 wLSV with titan 2 blue, white, gray and a friends 06 wLSV with titan 3 yellow, black, white).

Thanks a ton,

You've probably seen a lot of discussion about the low water at Oroville in the WOW thread. No matter what you hear, there will be a lot of water in the lake when you get here. The only question is, will there be any way to launch the Malibu's when you get here. We're about 23 day's away from the launch ramps closing, due to the low water. The $64,000 question is, will there be any ramps open, even if they're dirt with steel mats? I've also, heard that the dirt ramps will be available, and I hope this is correct.

I've been boating on Oroville for 14 years now, and I've never seen it this low, so I can't tell you if there is anything to worry about. I know they mark the hazards pretty well. And the lake is almost 700' deep at its deepest, so as long as you keep your eyes open you should be OK.

Which marina are you renting the houseboat from?

All three river arms have good boarding or skiing, depending on the wind. You just have to look around a bit if the wind is up. Like everywhere, mornings and evenings are best.

Here's a map of the lake, if you haven't already seen it. Oroville Map

I'm sure I will be up there the weekend of the 8th, so hope to meet you while you're there. I'll probably have my houseboat in the south fork.

Enjoy

Edited by vlxjeff

We are going up with a group who have been going there for years around this time. I dont even have all the deals yet on where to go. Some of our group use to work up there and they were confident that we could get our boats in and out. Lets hope so. Hope you guys have fun at the WOW.

we'll keep an eye open for you that weekend then and stop by and say hi if we spot you.

I'll post a new picture of our houseboat after I finish the paint job this week, so you can stop in and say hi to us, if you see us.