Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1996 Sunsette Lx

jixxxer

Looking at a 1996 sunsetter lx with 1017 hours. Boat is 6 hours away so i cant just go and look at it. Talked to the guy and have pics. Looks great, initerion was redone and he claims everying is fine in and out. asking price is $13900. Whatcha think??? Im new to inboards, always had i/o's which was fine but the more i get into wakeboaring the more i love the inboards.

sunsetter1996.jpg

Looking at a 1996 sunsetter lx with 1017 hours. Boat is 6 hours away so i cant just go and look at it. Talked to the guy and have pics. Looks great, initerion was redone and he claims everying is fine in and out. asking price is $13900. Whatcha think??? Im new to inboards, always had i/o's which was fine but the more i get into wakeboaring the more i love the inboards.

sunsetter1996.jpg

I traded my 97 Sunsetter with 720 hours no tower and a Monsoon Engine for $15,000. I think they got around 16.5k for the boat. It sounds like a good deal. If the guy can document the service history that would be the icing on the cake. I would just be ready to put in $2k to 3k if something happens to the engine or trans over the next few years and if you don't spend it all the better. The Sunsetter is a great boat. Offer 12k and let him counter and walk away with the boat for 13K. Even if you sell the boat and trade up in a few years you will still maintain a good portion of the value in that boat. If it looks nice buy it.

sunsetter1996.jpg

I bought a very clean 95 Sunsetter last year and the family loves it.

Go For it if its clean & what you want.