Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Question on trailers

Schindawg

Say, our "new to us" 2003 Wakesetter 23 LSV was stored in a dry dock by the prior owner. Having only 70 hrs on her when we purchased her, the gel coat was in impeccable condition. We've had her out twice, and even though our trailer has brand new carpet, I'm already seeing scratches on the hull. I know that's bound to happen, but I'd also like to minimize it as much as possible. I've since learned, being this is my first inboard, to wet the bunks first and/or to use Pledge or Liquid Rollers to help her slide on. But that got me to thinking. Why do we all have carpeted bunk trailers? They must be the trailer of choice since that's what Malibu has them delivered on. Is it that they're just too heavy and using roller bunks would leave pressure dents on the hull? I understand that the carpeted bunks yield the best weight distribution, but is there anyone out there who has their 'bu on a trailer with roller bunks? I've probably answered my own question, but I'm just curious and hoping for some confirmation. Thank you!

The only problem with rollers is that there is less surface area on your boat, so its putting more stress on the hull. I have seen lots of rollers punching through the hull because they hit a bump in the road. But the roller bunks http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&id=0001917 look and sound like a great idea.