Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Having Customer Service issues with OhioJoe

Jedidiah

I had no idea where to put this on the forum, so I'm putting it in the general forum. Mods feel free to move it where you see fit.

I made a rather large purchase from Joe Stewart (OhioJoe) back in May and have since have had a terrible time getting everything I needed working right. Its now middle of July and I still don't have a full working system. I have spent over 6 Grand with Joe and he has essentially fallen off the face of the earth. I have PM'ed him, e-mailed him, his cell phone voicemail is full (presumably with my voicemails) and he has stopped responding to my e-mails.

I chose Joe because he was very knowledgable and promised great customer service in the long run. He cut me a decent deal so I went with him. Well, here I am and he is no where to be found. I don't want to go into too much more detail of what has gone wrong, because I'm hoping that he will respond to this and get in touch with me and make things right. If not, I will be urging everyone to stay away from Joe and will go into detail about what has gone wrong.

Frankly, this whole deal has caused me to want to avoid my new 08 LSV and has put a complete damper on my summer. I sincerely hope this gets Joe's attention as I hate having to write this to begin with. At this point, I'm left with no choice. For those who know Joe and feel like I'm being unfair, I have given him plenty of warning that I would do this if I did not hear from him. I went as far as to track him down at his other job with Danco Transmissions in Ohio, left a message at the beginning of the week and have yet to hear from him. That is terrible when a customer has to look through a phonebook and call around to track a retailer down through another business.

Anyhow, Joe if you read this, I need things to be made right as I'm tired of dealing with this. I'm losing sleep over it and no one should have to go through this. Answering your phone once every two weeks is not what I call "good customer service."

If anyone can get a hold of Joe for me and tell him about this I would greatly appreciate it.

Ben Terry

I went as far as to track him down at his other job with Danco Transmissions in Ohio

Am I reading this right......a dealer with an "other" job? :unsure:

I can see where that would create service issues, especially this time of year!

Times must be really hard Whistling.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ohiojoe isn't a Malibu dealer is he? He must sell other goods.

This might be a hint: Link

Edited by vette-ski

you say u cant get everything working right??

I have no idea who this ohiojoe is but reading the little info u gave us It sounds like there could be a couple varialbles here!!

Are u sure its the products that are broke or dont work right or could be installed wrong??? He sold u products and if im not mistaken it sounds like its stereo equipment considering the link that vette-ski posted. There is alot of Knowledge needed for connecting several componets/amps together and IMO i dont think its the person who sold u the products responsibility. Ya they can be there for customer service for problems that arise with teh product but getting it all hooked up should be brought to a professional installer and you can then go to them if theres a problem...

This is just my opinion I may be completely wrong here but from what u gave us and the info we have on this ohiojoe Id say maybe take the boat to your local stereo shop and see if they can help you out..

I have no idea who this ohiojoe is but reading the little info u gave us It sounds like there could be a couple varialbles here!!

Are u sure its the products that are broke or dont work right or could be installed wrong??? He sold u products and if im not mistaken it sounds like its stereo equipment considering the link that vette-ski posted. There is alot of Knowledge needed for connecting several componets/amps together and IMO i dont think its the person who sold u the products responsibility. Ya they can be there for customer service for problems that arise with teh product but getting it all hooked up should be brought to a professional installer and you can then go to them if theres a problem...

This is just my opinion I may be completely wrong here but from what u gave us and the info we have on this ohiojoe Id say maybe take the boat to your local stereo shop and see if they can help you out..

No its a valid concern. To be honest, I'm avoid going into great detail here, as I want a chance for Joe to respond before I do. All to say, I can assure you its not in the install as the wiring as be checked over and over and the components have been checked individually. 2 out of the 4 amps that was sent to me have been bad, along with a couple of other components. I appreciate that the Retailer should be protected when selling products and being charged due to faulty installation, but I can assure you that it is a product issue and not the install.

I went as far as to track him down at his other job with Danco Transmissions in Ohio

Am I reading this right......a dealer with an "other" job? :unsure:

I can see where that would create service issues, especially this time of year!

You are correct. Joe works at a transmission shop as well. He started a retail business called Jamm Wakesports (www.jammwake.com) in which he sells audio equipment like WetSounds. He does this on the side as it gets the business going. He does not work for a Malibu Dealer.

It probably was poor judgement to go with a guy who does this on the side, but at the time I had no real indication that this wasn't something he did full time. While I appreciate the fact that the man is probably busy running a company and doing a fulltime job, I too work full time and the fact that I'm having to take time at of my schedule to track him down like this is inexcusable when you are talking about a 6,000 dollar purchase. I could forgive something that was $50 or even $500 dollars, but $6,000 is alot of money to me and I have NEVER had to deal with issues of this magnitude before with a retailer.

I hope you can understand my frustration. Again, the reason I'm choosing to not go into a lot of detail is to give Joe a chance to contact me and make things right. I want him to succeed as a new company and not run his name through the mud. I just had no other option to try to get a hold of him other then making a thread about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ohiojoe isn't a Malibu dealer is he? He must sell other goods.

I didn't read Jedidiah's post carefully enough. It looks as if this guy deals in stereo equipment and not Malibu boats.

My bad.

No its a valid concern. To be honest, I'm avoid going into great detail here, as I want a chance for Joe to respond before I do. All to say, I can assure you its not in the install as the wiring as be checked over and over and the components have been checked individually. 2 out of the 4 amps that was sent to me have been bad, along with a couple of other components. I appreciate that the Retailer should be protected when selling products and being charged due to faulty installation, but I can assure you that it is a product issue and not the install.

Well hopefully he will chime in hear and make it right.. I know with situations of my own with expenzive stereo equipment I dealt with crutchfield and it wasnt pleasant either they made me go through the manufactur who was alpine and they tested the component to work fine yet i got it back and it still didnt work nor could my installer figure it out.. It really is a frustrating situation when u pay alot of cash for a system and u finally get it installed and it dont work I feel your pain ive been there!! I paid over 2k just for my head unit for my truck and ended up having to take it to my CC company and they refunded me!!

Edited by ADHD

I didn't read Jedidiah's post carefully enough. It looks as if this guy deals in stereo equipment and not Malibu boats.

My bad.

Typical Card Fan type of mistake...like thinking you may win some division somewhere. Whistling.gif

ouch, 6k! Hope it all ends well. These virtual store fronts are hit and miss at times, especially when its a side business. I assume he was an authorized dealer of the components you bought?

ouch, 6k! Hope it all ends well. These virtual store fronts are hit and miss at times, especially when its a side business. I assume he was an authorized dealer of the components you bought?

Guys, I want to say that WetSounds has stepped in and they will be taking care of me directly, even though they didn't have to. I tell you I have NEVER experienced customer service like I have with Tim and Wetsounds. I can honestly say its unmatched. They freely stepped in to help me solve my problems without me even contacting them. THAT is hard to beat.

I have yet to hear from Joe Stewart. Still hoping he will chime in and possibly salvage some sort of reputation for continuing being a vendor.

Jed I respect the fact that your not wanting to drag Joe's name in the dirt and you just want a system that works. From the start of your story I knew you had picked up some Wet sounds equipment and that Tim would step to help out in some way. Could you list the different equipment that you ordered, I think you received it all and that some of it is just not working for you. Did you do the install or is a stereo shop helping out?

PS your PM box is FULL. PM me.

Typical Card Fan type of mistake...like thinking you may win some division somewhere. Whistling.gif

Very funny....maybe you should give up the Bu dealing and become a comedian.

My optimism is starting to wane. At the same time, if I was a scubby fan, I wouldn't go counting any chickens just yet.

Very funny....maybe you should give up the Bu dealing and become a comedian.

My optimism is starting to wane. At the same time, if I was a scubby fan, I wouldn't go counting any chickens just yet.

Only 5.5 'chickens' ahead of you guys this morning.

I wonder what my magic number is.

Biggrin.gif

Jed I too feel your pain. I have not been able to reach Joe for over a month. If he does contact me ill tell him of this post. If he dosent contact me soon I too will have to resort to more drastic measures. I hope all works out for every one.

He hasn't been on this site since June 16th, '08. Can you contact the mfg to see if they can help. This is assuming he is/was a authorized dealer.

I actually noticed this. He was really active & then just stopped. I too hope that everything works out for you guys, but I have to say that I also hope that everything is all right with Joe.