Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

quick impeller question...

Just popped the cap to inspect impeller. Looks to be in good shape. However, not all of the "fins" are laying over in the same direction. Is this okay, or should it be pulled and reinstalled?

Thx

Depends on how old the impeller is... The back rotation/settling of the engine can flip several of the fins over. At least it did when I installed mine last month... If you want to verify, lube the impeller slightly, remove the lanyard and bump the starter. All fins should go back the same direction & some will probably flip back again when you stop cranking.

Edit: Clarification

Edited by wienrdog
Dave, go skiing and stop looking at the darn impeller!

Hey Chris,

I'm waiting for a driver to show up in a bit (wifey not quite confident enuff yet). Its an easy 1 1/2 hr ride for you....head on up.

Dave

Edited by davemac