Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lake Temp reading

I had a question is there any reason why the lake temp reading on the speedometer would be off? I wish it was 80 degrees like it says but on my other boat that i just sold it was reading 71 that seems alot more accurate. Cause that water does not feel like 80 degrees.

I had a question is there any reason why the lake temp reading on the speedometer would be off? I wish it was 80 degrees like it says but on my other boat that i just sold it was reading 71 that seems alot more accurate. Cause that water does not feel like 80 degrees.

I'm having the same proplem, but 80 sounds alot better than the 34 that my gauge reads!!

Where is the sensor located, in the paddlewheel? Have been meaning to check into fixing it, but it hasn't become a priority yet.

Edited by MN_LSV

I'm having the same proplem, but 80 sounds alot better than the 34 that my gauge reads!!

Where is the sensor located, in the paddlewheel? Have been meaning to check into fixing it, but it hasn't become a priority yet.

I am not sure where the sensor is located

Are you set up metric? 34C is 93F. That would be pretty warn though...

I am not sure where the sensor is located

I beleive the newer boats (2006 and after) are located in the paddlewheel.

Are you set up metric? 34C is 93F. That would be pretty warn though...

Nope, air temp reads correctly, and it has been at a steady 34 since ice out. Should be reading about 75.

Is the paddle wheel an easy replacement?

Can it be done while boat is in water?

Where is the paddle wheel located on the 04 wakesetter?

Good online place to order a paddle wheel?

I have replaced my paddle wheel assemby several times, and have had it out while in the water (THOUGH I REALLY WOULD NOT RECOMEND THIS.)

I have crunched my wheel a couple times on the lift bunks before I had a chance to move the bunks around. Anyway - this is an easy DIY job. It took my dealer about 2 weeks to get one in, so I had them order two, and have used both.

I did have to change one on the water due to not wanting to loose a day boarding. In the time it took me to change the wheel and pu the assembly back through the hole, I had taken on several inches of water. The hole is like 2.5 inches.

In 2005 I had my paddle wheel changed out to add the brass canoe thing.

Ever since then it has read 32 deg.

But everything else is fine so its not worth messing with just for water temp.

In 2005 I had my paddle wheel changed out to add the brass canoe thing.

Ever since then it has read 32 deg.

But everything else is fine so its not worth messing with just for water temp.

That's kinda what we are thinking. Until something else reads wrong, I think we will just live with 34F.