Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Too Smokey Here

hammbone

Need some help to find an area to bring the family that isn’t full of smoke! We are in Reno, NV and are looking to get out of town for some clear air. Looks like Sacramento area is screwed up. How is Shasta Redding area? Anyone have any ideas? Cough cough… Mad.gif

Appreciate any help!

It's beautiful here. Then again, we may be a bit too far east for your weekend plans. There was an Arizona Bu visiting our little area last August, IIRC a 23LSV. More rain last night, so no fire hazard right now.

Here's to hoping none of the Crew has lost property out there.

Statewide Fire Statistics

Total Fires at Peak: 1,781

Total Fires Contained: 1,459

Total Active Fires: 322

Total Acres Burned: 702,394

These numbers are total fires and acres that have occurred from state, local and federal firefighting agencies beginning June 20, 2008.

Good luck anywhere in Cali....

CalFire is getting containment on most of the remaining fires but residual smoke is still what we need to contend with. A weak low pressure is moving in off the central calif coast Sunday/Monday which should help fire fighting and improve air quality. I am seeing a forecast for cooler temps through the bay area with increasing winds during that time. If that's the case, the closer you get to these coastal areas, the better the air. If you are in Reno, there's a headwind of bad air coming your way. The Stockton delta area is seeing low quality air now, but over the next 5 days should experience some improvement due to the weak low and associated 10-15 knot winds taking the place of the nasty high pressure and stagnant air in place now. Good Luck.

Talked to my Mom on the High Desert in So. Cal. last night. No smoke there. Then again, no lakes either. How about the Colorado River around Needles ? Dontknow.gif

Edit... Last night was the absolute worse its been at our house. It was as thick as the thickest fog you have ever seen.

insert cough cough icon

Edited by LS-One
^^^ Sucks im heading up to Don Pedro this weekend.. =\

Pedro was nice over the holiday weekend. However the little wind that was blowing the smoke away does not make for the greatest of riding conditions. Although neither do the hundreds of boats on the lake for the holiday. Biggrin.gif

I'm heading to Pedro tomorrow and Saturday, hope the air improves a bit Yuk.gif

The smoke has finally cleared in Oregon. Lots of lakes up here, and 90 degree weather. MMMMMMmmmmmmmm.

Ya but the water is too cold for us...lol Plus no station attendent floozie is going to fill up my boat...

The smoke has finally cleared in Oregon. Lots of lakes up here, and 90 degree weather. MMMMMMmmmmmmmm.

Ya but the water is too cold for us...lol Plus no station attendent floozie is going to fill up my boat...

lmao,, good point on that one!! maybe if u had to worst case scenario but ya I really dont understand why oregon is like that!!

Baby.gif It's actually up over 70. Plus we never let the attendant touch the boat, they all know better around here.

Smoke has finally cleared here as well. We have had a few of our own fires, but most of the smoke was from all the way in California. Unbelievable.

Baby.gif It's actually up over 70. Plus we never let the attendant touch the boat, they all know better around here.

Smoke has finally cleared here as well. We have had a few of our own fires, but most of the smoke was from all the way in California. Unbelievable.

85 degrees for us..... :) I suspecting most attendents don't too either, but I know many places I've been too and had to wait I just proceeded to try and fill up but they lock the pumps w/ a code.... Mad.gif

lmao,, good point on that one!! maybe if u had to worst case scenario but ya I really dont understand why oregon is like that!!

As crappy as the weather is usually you wouldn't want to change it... Whistling.gif

Need some help to find an area to bring the family that isn’t full of smoke! We are in Reno, NV and are looking to get out of town for some clear air. Looks like Sacramento area is screwed up. How is Shasta Redding area? Anyone have any ideas? Cough cough… Mad.gif

Appreciate any help!

Fl. Lots of lakes i.e. Land O Lakes

Pedro was nice over the holiday weekend. However the little wind that was blowing the smoke away does not make for the greatest of riding conditions. Although neither do the hundreds of boats on the lake for the holiday. Biggrin.gif

Maybe I will see you there.. ill be in a red and black '09 23 Ride with no decals...

Edited by Adam

I timed my trip to Nor Cal the perfect weekend. I arrived two days before the fires started. My friend in Vacaville said it was the clearest he had seen, until the fires started.

Hopefully the fires are taken care of soon.

I've been up at Shasta the past two weekends, and both have been fine despite the fires that are still burning. Traffic on the lake has been much less than previous years. Although the water is down, there is still plenty of lake left. It was a little hazy when we left yesterday from some of the existing fires, but there was no smell of smoke on the lake, and the temperatures (water and air) were perfect. We spent most of our time up the Squaw Creek arm (thank you for the previous recommendations), and the conditions were amazing for most of the day. We had one day with strong winds, and it was still good in the Squaw Creek area.