Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thinking about adding some Techron to my next fill up. Aside from the cost,

is there any reason that this would be a bad idea? I've got about 130 hrs.

now on my 320 LCR and it's still purring. I just want to keep it that way.

doesn't anyone rtfm anymore. Indmar recommends not using fuel additives (except Sta-Bil when required) and also recommends purchasing fuel from top tier retailers:

Top Tier Gas Website

TOP TIER Gasoline Retailers:

QuikTrip

Chevron

Texaco

MFA Oil Co.

Conoco

Phillips 66

Entec Stations

Shell

The Somerset Refinery, Inc.

Kwik Trip / Kwik Star

Aloha Petroleum

Tri-Par Oil Co.

Turkey Hill Minit Markets

Mileage Stations

Chevron Canada

Shell Canada

Petro-Canada

Sunoco Canada

Edited by Cervelo
doesn't anyone rtfm anymore. Indmar recommends not using fuel additives (except Sta-Bil when required) and also recommends purchasing fuel from top tier retailers:

Top Tier Gas Website

QuikTrip

Chevron

Texaco

MFA Oil Co.

Conoco

Phillips 66

Entec Stations

Shell

The Somerset Refinery, Inc.

Kwik Trip / Kwik Star

Aloha Petroleum

Tri-Par Oil Co.

Mileage Stations

Chevron Canada

Shell Canada

Petro-Canada

Sunoco Canada

Plus1.gifRTFM.gif I just had to use the RTFM guy

Top Tier Gas Website

MFA Oil Co.

That is an appropriate name for an oil company ROFL.gif

M-F A-hole Oil Co.

Whats up with this turkey?

Turkey Hill is a convenience store in the northeast. I've seen them in PA, specifically. Their only redeeming quality is that they have the BEST sweet tea you could possibly ask for north of the Mason-Dixon. Drool.gif

Top Tier Gas Website

This would be the same manual that tells me to grease my starter bendix every month,

using [only] Pennzoil Premium Plus multipurpose grease, no less? Sorry, I don't do everything that

the manual says. So shoot me.

Nice information on the top tier gas. I'd forgotten about that. ExxonMobil and Diamond

Shamrock/Valero, two major players here in Texas, are conspicuously absent. What's with that?

And, of course, for those of us that buy gas on the lake, who knows whose gas we're using!

It may not be/probably isn't "top tier," but whata'ya gonna do?

So, seems like most feel Techron would be a total waste of money? Okay, I get that! But, does

anybody know if Techron would have some specific deleterious effect on the fuel system of a boat

that it somehow doesn't have on the fuel system of an automobile? Just curious.

Top Tier Gas Website

This would be the same manual that tells me to grease my starter bendix every month,

using [only] Pennzoil Premium Plus multipurpose grease, no less? Sorry, I don't do everything that

the manual says. So shoot me.

Nice information on the top tier gas. I'd forgotten about that. ExxonMobil and Diamond

Shamrock/Valero, two major players here in Texas, are conspicuously absent. What's with that?

And, of course, for those of us that buy gas on the lake, who knows whose gas we're using!

It may not be/probably isn't "top tier," but whata'ya gonna do?

So, seems like most feel Techron would be a total waste of money? Okay, I get that! But, does

anybody know if Techron would have some specific deleterious effect on the fuel system of a boat

that it somehow doesn't have on the fuel system of an automobile? Just curious.

wow, "deleterious", now there is a word you do not see every day and while i did not have to look it up, i did have to look up "techron". I don't see how it could harm anything but you may want to read what Chevron has to say about it to determine for yourself whether it will be salutary. chevron techron information

According to Cervelo's link, Techron will fix our gas gauges! If I was to add any product to my gas, Techron would be the only one.

Techron would not affect your boats engine any different than your cars engine. Remember, our boat has a cars engine in it.

wow, "deleterious", now there is a word you do not see every day and while i did not have to look it up, i did have to look up "techron". I don't see how it could harm anything but you may want to read what Chevron has to say about it to determine for yourself whether it will be salutary. chevron techron information

Wow! Why waste time and effort on a new fuel gauge sending unit when a bottle of Techron

will miraculously make your fuel gauge read accurately! Who knew it'd be so simple? Whistling.gif

But seriously, I did kinda wonder what PEA might do to the lining of non-metallic components,

like ... er, just for instance, the tank.

Edited by srab
But seriously, I did kinda wonder what PEA might do to the lining of non-metallic components,

like ... er, just for instance, the tank.

Can't say it would or would not harm your tank. However, if it had an undesirable effect on your tank, then you had an ignition source, the combined event might have a deleterious effect on your boat. :unsure:

Thanks for listening. I was just trying to use it in a sentence. Biggrin.gif