Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lake Powell

Resqudiver

I am going on my first houseboat trip in 2 weeks. I just found out that the houseboat doesn't have a fuel station to fill up my vlx. Does anyone have any suggestion besides going into marina? I also have a jet ski. How far apart are the marinas.

I am going on my first houseboat trip in 2 weeks. I just found out that the houseboat doesn't have a fuel station to fill up my vlx. Does anyone have any suggestion besides going into marina? I also have a jet ski. How far apart are the marinas.

The marinas are 25 miles apart. Wahweap, Dangling Rope and Bullfrog in that order from Wahweap (Page, AZ).

We always brought a few 5 gallon jugs. Then when we went on ice runs we would take some jugs with us.

I assume you guys are leaving from Wahweap. Don't over look just staying in Warm Springs Creek. Its not that far away, has some great water and is striking distance to the marina and not too far from Rainbow Bridge, etc. People always think they need to get as far away as possible and end up leaving great water behind. Not too mention, cruising that HB will suck down alot of fuel.

Have fun. That is a great lake.

We used the main fuel tank from the houseboat and used a siphon. We were using a rental, so I'm not sure how bad the gas was, but it worked fine

Never seen a rental boat with a fill station. Dontknow.gif

Bring a couple cans, and drive to the marina every other day. You'll need ice anyway

if you are going to Antelope ask one of the attendants that walks you through the houseboat if they have a portable gas dolly. they only had 2 or 3 for the house boats but we got lucky and they had one (free of charge). if i recall it held around 30-50 gallons. we used it to fuel the jet skis all week. we went to the marinas to fuel the boats.

have a great time.

we would take nearly 100 gallons of 5 gallon containers when we had no toy tank. It's expensive to run to the marina (time and gas) so we tried to avoid it and only go 1 time for the week.