Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass DBW

zad0030

HI,

Im considering adding Perfect Pass Stargazer and wanted to know how the system would attatch to my DBW engine. And also what guage was removed for the install. I was planning on replacing the Tach becuase the other readings, oil, volts, and hours arent used as much as depth and temps.

I replaced my speedo: The GPS speed from the PP will be more accurate than the stock speedo on your boat, and I like to be able to have a mechanical tach to look at from a glance and make sure the RPM's are where they should be.

The system attached very easily to your DBW engine. PP's install instructions are very clear. I think the gauge issue is a personal preference thing.

-Chris

Put a 3.5" pp gauge in the stereo remote bracket on the lower right. That way you can keep the stock dash look. I actually built a gauge pod for my sporty but if you already have the stereo bracket, that should be fine.

I ended up replacing the rpm gage. The speedo has the built in display for depth, air temp, water temp, time and hours

and so didnt' want to lose that.

Plus, since I run my stargazer in KPH, I prefer to have the analog mph for general use when not using the the PerfectPass.

I find that when I pulling a new skier, or someone recreational, I tend to observe the speed more over the rpm.

Having the analog for that circumstance seems easier for me.

I ended up replacing the rpm gage. The speedo has the built in display for depth, air temp, water temp, time and hours

and so didnt' want to lose that.

Plus, since I run my stargazer in KPH, I prefer to have the analog mph for general use when not using the the PerfectPass.

I find that when I pulling a new skier, or someone recreational, I tend to observe the speed more over the rpm.

Having the analog for that circumstance seems easier for me.

I didint realize that thoes gauges were built into the speedo. I would not replace my speedo if it had all thoes gauges in it too.

Heres the thing, The depth, lake and water temp are also on the central malibu guage thing. I dont need the temps as much as depth. So I can have that display depth 90% of the time and then I have my speed from PP, My RPM guage that has volts, oil, and hours. So I feel that It works out better to replace the speedo, as then I still have everything visible.

Just realized that I would not be able to set depth as the default... thats stupid, I can do everything else, just not depth.

So now It looks like I would be able to set "engine" as default and It would read oil, and volts, fuel etc.

I guess I can do it either way, just matter which I want, guage speedo or tach...