Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 response lxi balance

Sporty

Has anyone with a response had trouble distributing thie weight to get a constant wake? I was out today by myself and noticed how much more spray I get on the driver side when only one person in boat. What can I do to counter the weight? I usually ski with just myself and a driver, usually my wife, and curious if anyone else has this issue. It is great with a passenger sitting inside. Are all this sensitive?

Has anyone with a response had trouble distributing thie weight to get a constant wake? I was out today by myself and noticed how much more spray I get on the driver side when only one person in boat. What can I do to counter the weight? I usually ski with just myself and a driver, usually my wife, and curious if anyone else has this issue. It is great with a passenger sitting inside. Are all this sensitive?

Is that legal in your state? They hand out tickets for no spotter in WA. Luckily, my 5 year old can spot for me now

I know somone who uses sandbags. The farther back you place the counter weight, the less you will need, as its more affective farther back. So I would say place something heavy yet non obtrusive around the back seat, or under it.

There's really two problems here, the driver weight, and just the torgue from the prop. Both throw the weight to starboard. This is why CC uses RH rotating props, becuase it will counter the drivers weight.

I never do it. Tease2.gif Well when I ski with just one other person I keep two kitty litter buckets with the tops on in the boat. With them filled with water it works good and my wife is no light wight. ( I never said it.)

I use to take my 110lbs Golden Retriever but with the new boat he has been baned.

I always thought if I got nailed for no sporter I would go to Court and fight it. Hay you can use a dog to walk down streets in the city if your blind and he would let you know if I drooped or fell. Do you think I would have gotten away with it? Dontknow.gif

I've also seen people use 50 lb. plates in the storage behind the passenger seat. Since they lay flat you can just keep them in there all the time and you don't lose any storage space and don't have to haul them in and out of the boat.

I use to take my 110lbs Golden Retriever but with the new boat he has been baned.

I always thought if I got nailed for no sporter I would go to Court and fight it. Hay you can use a dog to walk down streets in the city if your blind and he would let you know if I drooped or fell. Do you think I would have gotten away with it? Dontknow.gif

doesn't work. we tried it with our dobermans as observers and got a ticket (in RI its an automatic court appearance). The judge said the observer is also there to help get an injured person back into the boat. he dropped the charges, but we still had to pay court fees...

doesn't work. we tried it with our dobermans as observers and got a ticket (in RI its an automatic court appearance). The judge said the observer is also there to help get an injured person back into the boat. he dropped the charges, but we still had to pay court fees...

:lol: Oh well it was Worth a try. ROFL.gif

Alabama boating law:

Towing a Person with a Vessel Legally

Vessel operators towing a person(s) on water skis, aquaplanes, surfboards, inner tubes, or any similar devices must obey these laws also.

It is illegal for vessels to tow person(s) on water skis, an aquaplane, or a similar device between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise.

Every vessel (except personal watercraft) towing a person(s) on water skis or a similar device must:

Have on board a capable observer, other than the operator who is at least 12 years old or ...

Be equipped with a wide-angle rearview mirror. The size of the mirror must be at least 500 square centimeters (78 square inches) and have a field of vision of at least 170 degrees.

Anyway, does your Response tilt to the drivers side with just the driver in the boat, enough to make a larger spray to that side? I am only 175 lbs. I do have two batteries on the passenger side to help with the weight.

We have a VLX too but I don't think you can tell the difference. Maybe it is just a heavier boat and it has a wake hull. Dontknow.gif

John, the Dobies are no good in a situation like this. Sixball, on the other hand, has a retriever.

Sixb, do you think you could train muttly to bark if you fell to the floor, then drag you by your sport coat up onto the judge's podium? If the judge didn't buy this little trick, at least you'd be in position to throw yourself on the mercy of the court. Dontknow.gif

Yes, the 2nd generation hull is very sensitive to weight placement. I sometimes have to ask our ski partner to move around the boat just so I can back it out of the lift. She loves this!

1) Move your battery to the outside wall.

2) Get pop bags and place port, slightly aft.

3) Have your wife kneel in the walk-through and steer from there.

Moving the batteries would probably help. If so, I might have to get more battery cable. Maybe keep the anchor on that side. I seem to ski much better with someone in the passenger side. It seems softer. Might be trying harder to impress. Thumbup.gif

Get a blow-up doll and put her in the observer's seat. Put weights in her. . .ah. . .um. . .you figure it out.

:lol:

LMAO ROFL.gif

Umm, Jack, wouldn't they get droopy with the extra weight there? I know, that's a personal question, but it's important to know.

NH observer has to be over 12 y/o and able to assist the skier in the event. Not 12 or over, but over 12. And NH changed the lifejacket law this year for kids. 12 and under wear at all times while under way.

Back to the original point, my 88 Supra Comp did the same thing when the driver/observer weights were not closely matched. It was a matter of shifting the observer and the miscellaneous other on board junk as needed.

We use 2 bags of play sand wrapped in celophane shipping wrap then a coat of duct tape. They are low profile and don't slide. They weigh about 50lbs ea and are very eacy to remove/adjust location.

Get a blow-up doll and put her in the observer's seat. Put weights in her. . .ah. . .um. . .you figure it out.

:lol:

LMAO ROFL.gif

Umm, Jack, wouldn't they get droopy with the extra weight there? I know, that's a personal question, but it's important to know.

Nah, you have to use clay, not play sand, for the extra weight. Molds nicely and remains firm for years. Drool.gif

Ok< just bought the two 50 lbs bags of play sand and wrapped it completely with gorilla tape which is waterproof. I will give it a go this weekend.

• Like 1

John, the Dobies are no good in a situation like this. Sixball, on the other hand, has a retriever.

Sixb, do you think you could train muttly to bark if you fell to the floor, then drag you by your sport coat up onto the judge's podium? If the judge didn't buy this little trick, at least you'd be in position to throw yourself on the mercy of the court. Dontknow.gif

ROFL.gif I am thinking of making a slide with old snowmobile hi fax to move the battery to the outside wall. The two buckets are working good and I can fill or dump them in just a few seconds.

we often pull illegal up the lake 2 &1/2 miles and pick up another friend up their so I just dump the buckets and good to go. no need to keep the extra weight in the boat. with the tops that come on the kitty liter buckets you don't get hardly any spill.

I think the SS LXI was the best diamond hull. outstanding wake and not weight sensitive.

Yea, my 07 is very sensitive. I got two 50 lb hex shaped dumbells under the passenger seat. They are wedged in, so won't roll, can't spill, easy to remove when not needed. Seems to work well to counter when my wife drives and no passengers.

Ok< just bought the two 50 lbs bags of play sand and wrapped it completely with gorilla tape which is waterproof. I will give it a go this weekend.

How'd it go?

How'd it go?

Much better and easy to move around! I wish I had thought of this when I got the boat.