Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water Pooling on '08 VLX Cover

chrisallenhogs

I know that I have had a big problem of water pooling in the back seats of my cover and couldn't figure out how to get around it. I got the idea to run some 1 inch webbing from the back rings to the bow that come to a point, this is ran over the windshield and pulled tight, but not to tight to damage anything. Then I ran the cover over the webbing and it added just enough support to have everything run off. We have got 2 inches of rain in the last 24 hours and no pooling. Just thought I would pass the info along. I can get pics for anyone interested.

It is the malibu cover, I'm sure an aftermarket would be better, but I already dropped the cash on this one and didn't want to re up for another one until I need it. I will get some pics as soon as the rain stops, I'll take some with the cover on and off. Of course I wish I had before pictures so you could see the amount of water that was pooled.

Water pooling has been a problem on our factory cover also (black cover with ratchett

straps in rear to tighten down). I ended up buying heavy duty velcro - put a 4

inch strip (hook side) on the inside of each tower, and the soft side of the

velcro onto the inside of each tower leg cutout of the cover. Match them up

when the cover is on and it holds the tower leg cutout area up enough for the water not

to pool in that area. That was the area where had the most pooling.

Very curious to see your solution. We have major pooling on our 06 VLX grey Malibu cover. Webbing is short money compared to the local canvas shop.

I know that I have had a big problem of water pooling in the back seats of my cover and couldn't figure out how to get around it. I got the idea to run some 1 inch webbing from the back rings to the bow that come to a point, this is ran over the windshield and pulled tight, but not to tight to damage anything. Then I ran the cover over the webbing and it added just enough support to have everything run off. We have got 2 inches of rain in the last 24 hours and no pooling. Just thought I would pass the info along. I can get pics for anyone interested.

thats a great idea, sorry to hear about all the rain though.

you could take that idea one step further and sew a sleeve down the length of the cover that the webbing would be in, then just hook the front, roll the cover on and hook the back (presuming you put the front of the cover on first).

Camera Battery Dead last night, I could get no pictures. We got a total of 3.1 inches of rain yesterday and not a bit of water pooling on the cover Yahoo.gif Now if I could just get the rain to clear out. Our lake won't be back to a normal level until the end of the year. I wish we could pump some of this out west. Dontknow.gif

Edited by chrisallenhogs
Camera Battery Dead last night, I could get no pictures. We got a total of 3.1 inches of rain yesterday and not a bit of water pooling on the cover Yahoo.gif Now if I could just get the rain to clear out. Our lake won't be back to a normal level until the end of the year. I wish we could pump some of this out west. Dontknow.gif

We'll be back out on Friday so hopefully no rain for the next 10 days or so. While I was there last week, there was about 2" of rain and even some hail where we were (around the corner from Starkey).

Did I see you last week near Little Clifty?

We'll be back out on Friday so hopefully no rain for the next 10 days or so. While I was there last week, there was about 2" of rain and even some hail where we were (around the corner from Starkey).

Did I see you last week near Little Clifty?

No we stayed on the very south part of the lake last weekend near hickory creek. I wish I could get up north but with the baby we have to go close to the house. The lake was actually empty all weekend. How was the water up north?

My solution has been to put the table pole in it's receiver then slide a ~4' section of PVC pipe over it that has a large enough I.D. and put a cap on the top of that.

edit, here's a really crappy picture of it. It's way in the background.

post-29-1215725400_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pistol Pete

Here are the pictures.

This was after 5 hours of solid rain.

DSC01835.jpg

Here are some pics of the inside with the webbing running across.

DSC01839.jpg

DSC01842.jpg

DSC01843.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

What brand is this cover? My Malibu VTX has a factory cover that is EXTREMELY difficult to put on. I prefer the covers that have velcro around the tower, this one has a pulley system that makes it extremely difficult for me to put on quickly. Please advise.

thanks,

I used to do the same thing on my stock Malibu cover then I got a Rankin after my cover stopped being waterproof and I don't need to do it anymore.

Edited by Chef23

I have a 04 Wakesetter that has the table, so what I do is set up the table and put a plastic tub that sits on the table and it works great, never any pooling. And cheap! Thumbup.gif

I think your problem is that the pole is too far forward on your cover. On my 07 vRide, the cover looks to be the same brand and everything looks the same, except the pole is farther to the back of the boat. The pole sits up against the back seats bottom. No problems with pooling since I got an adjustable pole that allowed me to take the slack out of the cover.