Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bilge pump

Mine is making a screeching noise and I want to replace it.

I forgot to look at it before I left the dock.

Any idea which model it is for an '03 WS23LSV?

Or is there something better to upgrade to.

Mine gets plenty of use with all the folks in and out and lots of ballast for surfing.

My '02 SSLXi has a RULE 500 gph from the factory. I would think it's possible for the bilge pumps to be the same for all models, and for production years that are pretty close.

RULE makes 750 and 1000 gph pumps. I'll be upgrading to one of those when mine gives up the ghost.

My '02 SSLXi has a RULE 500 gph from the factory. I would think it's possible for the bilge pumps to be the same for all models, and for production years that are pretty close.

RULE makes 750 and 1000 gph pumps. I'll be upgrading to one of those when mine gives up the ghost.

My 02 23xti has 3 RULE 800 gph from the factory, and I just had one vibrate the screws out the bottom and leak everywhere......

I have an attwood guardian in my 2000 WS VLX. FWIW, they're easy to service by popping off the upper main body of the pump and cleaning out any crud that accumulates around the impeller. You might just have something caught in there.

I have an attwood guardian in my 2000 WS VLX. FWIW, they're easy to service by popping off the upper main body of the pump and cleaning out any crud that accumulates around the impeller. You might just have something caught in there.

I posted a note just last week about my pump. At first I did not know where it was located. But when I mailed Malibu, they responded the next day with an answer. Yesterday I found and examined it. The problem was that when I turned it on, the pump did not run and after about 3 seconds, the circuit breaker would kick off. I found that the impellar on the pump was stuck to the housing and frozen. In trying to free it up, the ears broke off or bent. After the impellar was removed, the pump ran again. But in my case a new pump was the solution. The unit I had was a atwood 750. The replacement one was the same brand only a 500 gpm. It is in the boat and working fine. What made it freeze up is beyond me, the boat only has 111 hours on it. It was not clogged up, it was frozen