Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help With first invert- Tanturm

malibu_flyer

Hello All-

I have been spending the week in Tenn with friends and one of my sons is so close to landing a tantrum- he's 14. Boat speed was about 21-22mph(Mastercraft x9), @ 65 feet. Any advice on what he needs to do other than keep it up? Thanks

Hello All-

I have been spending the week in Tenn with friends and one of my sons is so close to landing a tantrum- he's 14. Boat speed was about 21-22mph(Mastercraft x9), @ 65 feet. Any advice on what he needs to do other than keep it up? Thanks

Not an expert by any means, but I think if he tries to keep that handle down by his waist, it'll help to get his board forward more. Bringing the handle up high is pulling the upper half of his body forward more than his board.

Changing that song might help.

oh ya...that song has got to go. Get some slightly stoopid, 311, or sublime in there.

As for technique: ride the ramp more. He could have been 1-2 foot higher up (thus, more time for completing rotation), but he jumped with his knees too soon. Enjoy the launch off the wake rather than trying to create it himself. He'll nail it. Good luck, have your first aid kit readily available.

keep it up and try to keep that handle down. It's way up and his arm is all the way out on the landing. THere's nowhere to give when your arm is straight out like that. Keep the handle lower and that arm in.

I am not a big wakeboarder but I would say the same thing applies to that as the trick ski. If he can get the handle into his waist at the landing he will be able to ride away with that trick. He is getting the board down but the handle being up high and away from his body is pulling him down on the landing.

J-RO is the man to ask on the board about tantrums, but I would say wait a split second more and have the wake kick you into the flip. He's right there just keep trying.

From the quick clip, I'd say just release the back hand a little sooner, perhaps a little under rotation from not springing off the top of the wake. Might be letting the wake just kick them over. Learn to push off the top of the wake. Don't just let the wake take you for a ride.

The trick should feel like you are jumping straight up and the momentum you built up from your cut into the wake will carry you over both wakes (I cut about 20' out). You want to cut in somewhat hard, but not so hard that you can't control yourself.

The tantrum isn't a really technical trick. Most people can accomplish this trick with poor wakeboarding technique. I learned the tantrum way back before I even knew what the trick was called and I did not have good form at that time. But could do high wake jumps and land back flips on the tramp.

He is very close. Good luck.