Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'08 23' LSV JBL Sound Pack 3 Problems

Anyone else have these problems?

- First (2) Saturdays i had no problems.

- 3rd Saturday, started the boat and the JBL black box was dead....no music on the boat unless you consider the massive squeak eminating from the Illusion XS tower as music (see other post).

- took it to the dealer. They said they removed the amp board and unplugged a connector, waited 20 minutes, and re connected and it works.

- 4th Saturday (after back from the dealer), music worked but i would occassionally lose an amp which would then come back on...strange but it worked 90% of the time. Switched battery selector to "1 & 2" and it seemed to help.

- 5th trip out - I had the boat out for 5 days on the lake. Stereo worked great until Day 3 when it started acting up. The JBL would show it was playing a song but no music was playing. I then turned the battery selector to "both 1 and 2" and we had music for another 24 hours.

On day 4 of this week, i'm cruising at night with all the light on and the stereo turned down low and it starts popping and the volume shoots up (could of been someone hitting the volume button but i don't think so) and then ...poof, the JBL goes dead.

It's now back on the dealer.... 3rd time back in 7 weeks of owning a brand new $60K+ boat.

It is a beautiful boat, great layout, the engine purrs and runs flawlessly, the interior if perfectly done... The stereo and the squeaking rack just don't match the beauty of the Malibu product....so far, anyway.

Although it's warranty, I'm tired of dragging my boat in 100 miles. Anyone else have this issue?

Thank you,

Agg94

you have more then one problem.

first sound pac 3 is 8 in boat speakers if i remember right running on one rockford fosgate p400 plastic amp. wont work shorted light will come on. malibu goofed on this one.

I am not sure about the 2nd problem but if switching to battery 1 and 2 fixes some of your problems battery 2 with runs the amps must not be charging.

My stereo was doing the same thing! After a couple of days on the water the stereo would start cutting off, ended up being a battery issue. Keep your batteries charged when not on the water.