Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cool Picture

larrys

:unsure: Maybe it's just the slalom skier in me but...is the behind-the-back handle pass really necessary in that invert? Dontknow.gif Honest question.

Cool effect with the photo though. Thumbup.gif

I take a punch of pics, but I can't take credit for this. My son's friend took it several weeks ago with his Nikon. Not sure what model. He has the time and patience to work with PS to produce stuff like this.

:unsure: Maybe it's just the slalom skier in me but...is the behind-the-back handle pass really necessary in that invert? Dontknow.gif Honest question.

To answer your question, that is not technically considered an invert. I can honestly say I have never seen anyone land an off-axis 540 without passing the handle. But, I could be wrong. Crazy.gif

I would guess that is a newer DSLR camera or at least a very good one. I can only get about 4-5 frames on my canon rebel blah, blah, blah

and with or without handle pass that trick is sweeet...handle pass is harder, imo.

That's pretty much a scarecrow out the back with a handle pass (thus a TS OA FS 540). Some people can throw scarecrows really over their lead shoulder making a scarecrow and TS OA spins very distinctly different, others learn OA spins as a result of throwing the Scarecrow "out the back". Scarecrows can be very similar to Frontside Off Axis Toeside Spins that are really "corked" out and vice versa. He could of also gone Ole with it and made it an Ole TS OA FS 540 (but if your going to that length to make it ole you might as well grab it otherwise what's the point of ole?). Being extra "corked" out helps when your spinning beyond 5's to 7's 9's etc. since the spin happens faster/easier.

For anyone working on this trick the main reason he is really corked as opposed to mildly off axis is a result of the tripping effect he is getting, his head position, and the fact that he is letting the handle get out in front of him as opposed to getting over the top of the handle and keeping it under his butt... in the second body position from the far right.

Edited by Liquidmx
  • 3 weeks later...