Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Annoying jet-skiers!

crom

What about the weekend warriors, in their 22 foot I/O, who come out and feel that have to drive 100 feet from my boat not on plane pulling a tuber. The driver had to stand because the bow was so high in the air he could not see. Over and Over this guy kept driving through a bunch of anchored boats with kids swimming in the water. This guy had the whole lake but felt our area was going to become his. COMMON SENSE. Things like this drive me F***ing nuts.

Not taking up for the jetskiers, but there are just as many idiots in boats as there are on jetskies. While on a trip to Norfork lake a couple of month ago. We had our boats tied up in the Resort docks. A redneck in a bass boat comes flying in the cove and stops within 25 feet of the docks to fish. Needless to say his rollers commence to slam our boats around in the dock.

Even though I was Furious, I calmly and in a nice manner asked him if he'd not send rollers toward the docks and that these were $40K ski boats he was causing to slam into the dock. He started laughing and really thought he was being cute by casting his pole toward our boats. Knowing there was nothing I could do from my stand point and realizing I was dealing with a total idiot, I just shut up and walked away before it escalated into a bigger problem.

It just floors me that the number of people who do not realize the effects of their own wake. I would never deliberately come within a dock or other boats tied up like that. Yet we see it all the time. Dontknow.gif

Our family has owned PWC almost as long as we have owned boats. We like the glass for skiing, but it's fun on the sea-doo, too. That being said, if someone comes in to the smooth areas looking to ski, wakeboard, or even... *gasp* tube, I'll scoot out of the way and leave them be. Just this weekend, there was about 5 acres of smooth water on our 1200 acre lake. We had three PWC and were doing a pretty good job of tearing it up. A moomba came in and settled in the windless corner of the lake. I idled over and asked if they were looking to ski, and offered to get out of the way. They were just looking to chill, and said that the PWC weren't bothering them. After telling them of my misfortune on the river, they even offered me a pull on the skinny stick if I wanted. Nice folks.

So stop painting EVERYONE on a PWC with the same brush. Some of us are just as considerate as anybody else that is on the water, and even take opportunities to correct the behavior of other riders.

I'm all about the paintball idea, yes Officer I shot his boat with a paintball gun, do you know how far paintball's travel? yes that's right he was 20 yards from my boat and rider. End of story.

I'm all about the paintball idea, yes Officer I shot his boat with a paintball gun, do you know how far paintball's travel? yes that's right he was 20 yards from my boat and rider. End of story.

I think you're on to something....

Guns.gif

When I was a kid, we were house boating on Shasta and beached in a cove (I believe on the Sac arm, but not sure). There were a couple house boats on the other side of the cove as well, and Dad decided to let his two young teen age girls take out his PWC. Being young teenage boys ourselves, we got in our boat to maybe do a little skiing, but mostly do a little flirting. Though several hundered yards away, we must have looked all right because they looked over at us, and we held there attention a little too long, because they rode it straight up the jagged, rocky beach about 20 feet. Both girls were fine, and their parents got a group of guys to come over and carry it back down to the water. We found out it was brand new, and they were not to happy about the major scratches that were put in the bottom of it. Didn't punchture though. We thought it was funny as he!!

In all seriousness, please don't. Shooting at someone with a paintball marker does a couple things, none of them good. There is a distinctive possibility of hitting someone in the eye, which can easily cause blindness. Shooting a paintball marker at someone can be considered assault with a weapon.

As a player of the sport of paintball, I have to say that people who do stuff like this piss me off. Actions like these add to the stereotype that anyone who enjoys the sport of paintball must be a vandal or criminal of some kind. I know for a fact that this is untrue.

Try a slingshot, it's more of a challenge.

Um, yeah, but is it ok to put out an eye if we're using the sling shot instead of the PB gun? If so, count me in!

Well, as long as you're not making anyone look bad... yeah, actually Biggrin.gif

In all seriousness, please don't. Shooting at someone with a paintball marker does a couple things, none of them good. There is a distinctive possibility of hitting someone in the eye, which can easily cause blindness. Shooting a paintball marker at someone can be considered assault with a weapon.

As a player of the sport of paintball, I have to say that people who do stuff like this piss me off. Actions like these add to the stereotype that anyone who enjoys the sport of paintball must be a vandal or criminal of some kind. I know for a fact that this is untrue.

Try a slingshot, it's more of a challenge.

Is the proper term paintballer? or is it a player of the sport of paintball? Just need to make sure I get the lingo right when I shoot the kid on a jetski. No officer I knew it wouldn't hit him in the eye because I"m a paintballer.

Edited by chrisallenhogs
Um, yeah, but is it ok to put out an eye if we're using the sling shot instead of the PB gun? If so, count me in!

I need someone to shoot me with a PB gun while I'm skiing! :)

I need someone to shoot me with a PB gun while I'm skiing! :)

:lol: Edged In Water. Thumbup.gif

Call Chris' dad...maybe he's got some free time. :lol:

We have owned about every kind of anything that floats. We use PWC's to run sliders all the time.

I think it's been said in similar posts, but its all about respect whether its a PWC, boat or whatever. But as we see, respect my friends is a thing of the past. I've seen it decline on the water, in line at restaurants, in parking lots, yada yada.