Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My new Malibu

zad0030

Hey

Im new here just transferred from Tigeowners. Bought a 2008 Response LXi, Midnight blue and traded in my 2003 Tige 21i. So Far its been awesome Rockon.gif

We got some dude coming out tomorrow for the throttle fix. I was reading about it and does it change the way the speed set holds speed?

I read your thread on the Tigebu's and I agree with most of your statements. RZs look awesome, but the VEs not so much. When I saw the Ve I had to do a double take becuase it seriously looked like a Malibu. Add the Bimini and It basically is a Malibu.

One problem I have had is high lake temps. Its been reading about 10* or so high. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

2008Duquoin070508013.jpg

2008Duquoin070508028.jpg

Here is my boat.

My dealer, Stateamind, delivered it to me down at Lake Norfork while we were on vacation 2 weeks ago. And so far its Better than expected.

Sweet looking boat! Thumbup.gif

Where do you boat and ski? We traveled to Norfork Lake the weekend before Memorial Day and it was still flooded but we had some good barefooting water. We stayed at Hand Cove Resort. Is Norfork Lake still high?

Congrats and welcome!

Sweet looking boat! Thumbup.gif

Where do you boat and ski? We traveled to Norfork Lake the weekend before Memorial Day and it was still flooded but we had some good barefooting water. We stayed at Hand Cove Resort. Is Norfork Lake still high?

Congrats and welcome!

Thanks

When we were there it was still about 30 feet high. Dropping 1 1/2" each day. We stayed at Teal Point Resort, It was very nice. But the water was so high, the docks were on top of the parking lot. Water wasnt as blue but was still very nice.

We head down to one of the white river lakes once a year, Lake of the ozarks for a weekend and the rest of the time local lakes and river near st. Louis. We go to the Kaskaskia River alot, which now is completely flooded. Those pictures were taken at Duquoin Il, where we belong to a ski club.

Looks awesome! I have an 08, you'll love that boat.

I was going to guess that was teh site, i was there for collegiate all stars a few months ago.

Enjoy!

Looks awesome! I have an 08, you'll love that boat.

I was going to guess that was teh site, i was there for collegiate all stars a few months ago.

Enjoy!

Oh we heard all about that. We werent there though becuase we werent members yet.

Congrats on the new boat. How does it compare to your Tige? I was considering the 21i before I purchased my Response.

Sweet boat and welcome!

The water temp will read most accurately when first lowered into the water or while moving. Heat soak, I think, from the engine compartment sends the temp up.

Congrats on the new boat. How does it compare to your Tige? I was considering the 21i before I purchased my Response.
Sweet boat and welcome!

The water temp will read most accurately when first lowered into the water or while moving. Heat soak, I think, from the engine compartment sends the temp up.

As far as space we sacrificed the ample storage we had in the rear locker and a few inches on width and length. But so far we havnt looked back. I ski at 15' off 30mph and recently got a new PB behind the response, 2 at 34mph. The 21i wake for slalom was very hard, and I was right on top of the rooster tail. The response wake has been so soft. Someone said it was like skiing on Marshmallows.

Thanks for the info on the lake temp. I figured the engine heat would be a factor.

I would consider malibu the dark side, atleast from the tige perspective. Seems to be a rivalry between Malibu and Tige, Mostly because the boats are looking more and more alike.

This boats been awesome, It made us better skiers. Partly because we didnt know what speed we were going. I made 6 at 32mph, PB and thought it was 30mph becuase or speedos were 2mph slow.