Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gel coat color

maniac mechanic

I'm interested in repairing some dings and scratches in the color (purple) portion of my Sunsetter VLX. Where does a person get a color match. Can this be purchased from Malibu?

Great Topic! I have a very small nick on the bow of my Bu courtesy of some nuckleheads that were on my boat last weekend. NOT a big deal, but bothers me. If I choose to mess with it, anyone know the 2004 Malibu White color name? Is it Bright White (Opal)?

Great Topic! I have a very small nick on the bow of my Bu courtesy of some nuckleheads that were on my boat last weekend. NOT a big deal, but bothers me. If I choose to mess with it, anyone know the 2004 Malibu White color name? Is it Bright White (Opal)?

Yes.

Another vote for Spectrum color. If the repair you're doing isn't near a radius and is at least a few inches away from another color of gel coat the repair with the Spectrum patch paste is pretty easy (and cheap).

Mike

Mine is half way between the rub rail and the hand rail Cry.gif

So it is pretty easy? I mean, I am being OCD (as per usual) but it is only about 1/2 or less of a #2 pencil eraser....maybe 2mm x 3mm. But still my boat is NEAR flawless and it bothers me. Just don't want to stir things up and wish I would have just left it alone, if yano what I mean? Whistling.gif

Another vote for Spectrum color. If the repair you're doing isn't near a radius and is at least a few inches away from another color of gel coat the repair with the Spectrum patch paste is pretty easy (and cheap).

Mike