Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What is the biggest fat sac I can put in side locker of Vride?

2thdoc01

Wake for surfing was ok with factory ballast and wedge, along with 3 chunkies in the back corner. I wont have 3 other chunkies all the time so i need a sac for the rear port locker....

What is the biggest one I can put in it and how do you fill them....I know nothing about these ballast sacs.

750's work great. You can fill them just about all the way. I have them and would never go back to the hard tanks. This of course is if you removed the hard tanks. :)

750's work great. You can fill them just about all the way. I have them and would never go back to the hard tanks. This of course is if you removed the hard tanks. :)

^^^^+1

Tsunami or Rule 1100 GPH. You can get 2 of the latter for the price of one Tsunami if you shop around. I have 2 of them and they work awesome for filling the 3 sacs I run.

No tanks at all...

whats the best way to fill?

Factory pumps :) But I'm assuming you don't have those. Yeah, just use the above pumps. They fill faster than the stock pumps the boat would come with. I fill an integrated bow sack that I put on the front seats with a Tsunami pump. Fills 700 pounds almost faster than my stock pump fills the 500 mid ballast.

So If i am ordering a fly high 750....what else will i want to fill it up, besides the pump?

Fittings, hoses??

I want to be able to take the bag in and out to dry the carpet and be able to stash vests and ropes on it when empty.

Yes.. The Tsuanmi comes with the hoses and attachments to fill the Pro X sacs and also the waterbed fittings as well.. The only thing I have a problem with is getting spill over and I plan on getting the check valves for the sacs... Also they are difficult to keep on the sacs as well..Mine always pops off when filling so someone has to hold the hose on the sac almost the whole time but they are quick...

For surfing you want alot of wieght and one sac proably won't do.. I have a 750 and 2 V-drive sacs and found that it works pretty well with minimal people in the boat... I did 400lbs up front and I have the bow ballast and a 750 on the side seat and another 400 in the locker... The wave was pretty decent.. I also ride a phase 5 prop and there was plenty of push and length...

Yes.. The Tsuanmi comes with the hoses and attachments to fill the Pro X sacs and also the waterbed fittings as well.. The only thing I have a problem with is getting spill over and I plan on getting the check valves for the sacs... Also they are difficult to keep on the sacs as well..Mine always pops off when filling so someone has to hold the hose on the sac almost the whole time but they are quick...

For surfing you want alot of wieght and one sac proably won't do.. I have a 750 and 2 V-drive sacs and found that it works pretty well with minimal people in the boat... I did 400lbs up front and I have the bow ballast and a 750 on the side seat and another 400 in the locker... The wave was pretty decent.. I also ride a phase 5 prop and there was plenty of push and length...

I saw on the site there are some special fittings...should I get something like that to help with the leakage?

The bag and Tsuanmi pump have the same special fittings that people are talking about. The hose, power cord will be long enough for most applications. In the Street forum you will find a discount code for BuyWake.com

• 3 weeks later...

I got the 750...still doesnt give me a long wave or a clean wave.

I have tried diff speeds.

I have manual wedge, mls ballast full, 750 in port locker......what else can I do to get a ropeless clean wave?

KK

I got the 750...still doesnt give me a long wave or a clean wave.

I have tried diff speeds.

I have manual wedge, mls ballast full, 750 in port locker......what else can I do to get a ropeless clean wave?

KK

Hey KK,

The Vride Wake is better on the Starboard side in my opinion. It is doable on the Port, but just shorter and steeper.

In one of your earlier posts you said you have "no tanks", but then you said you have MLS ballast full, so i'm a bit confused.

We do the 250 MLS on the surf side only, then the center MLS (500). We throw a 750 in the surf side locker and fill as full as possible. Then usually throw another 400 on top of that (probably only 100lbs though). then we put a 400 on the seat on the surf side. and all peeps on surf side of course. if there are more than 3-4 people in the boat then someone sits up front.

Here's a few pics:

P7030179.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

P7091048-1.jpg

Here's one of my little bro (first time wakesurfing) on the Port side.

It seems you need more weight on the port side to list the boat enough to clean up the 'regular' wake...

P7091041.jpg.

Here's one of my little bro (first time wakesurfing) on the Port side.

It seems you need more weight on the port side to list the boat enough to clean up the 'regular' wake...

P7091041.jpg.

Thats not too darn bad! I have the mid center ballast.....sorry.

So I will get a 400 lb v drive set and put one on the seat and then maybe one in the bow?

That should do it?

no to driving in a circle -- pretty much driving straight.

the day of that pic with my bro we had 250 hard tank, center tank, plus 750 in rear locker as full as we could get it. then we might have put a partially full 400 on top of that in addition to a 400 partially full under the lounge seat. two adults on surf side lounge, me driving, then 6 or so little kids (less than 75lbs each scattered throughout the boat -- might have been 3 of them up front and a couple in the back...

Put the wedge down, fill the 750 in the back, get something along the lines of a 400 for the side seat and the same for the bow. Fill the center tank too. If you do all that with a few people, you shouldn't have any problem making a surfable wake. I don't have the 400 for the side seat, but it's still doable with a few people.

I have the power wedge so I bring it up about mid way for it's range of movement and it seems to be the best wake. "Large wake" setting makes it too abrupt.