Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

trottle cable

some times i have to move cable handle back and forth to put in neutral when i turn key nothing then move handle and it starts is there a neutral switch that needs to be change or cable adjstment or lube and if so how

Mine did this a while back. To fix it I pulled the neutral safety switch sending unit (for lack of a better name for it) out of the tranny and there was some build-up on the underside of it. Used emery cloth to clean it up real good and "presto" problem gone. This was after checking and double checking all of the cable connections and linkages. I pulled the sender out with the intention of replacing it but after finding the corrosion/build-up I gave cleaning it a try and Yahoo.gif. It worked.

Good luck.

Edited by NorCaliBu
Mine did this a while back. To fix it I pulled the neutral safety switch sending unit (for lack of a better name for it) out of the tranny and there was some build-up on the underside of it. Used emery cloth to clean it up real good and "presto" problem gone. This was after checking and double checking all of the cable connections and linkages. I pulled the sender out with the intention of replacing it but after finding the corrosion/build-up I gave cleaning it a try and Yahoo.gif. It worked.

Good luck.

thanks ill try after work today worth a shot before start adj everything

Good luck.

thanks ill try after work today worth a shot before start adj everything

thanks pulled out and yes a little rust around ball sanded and put wd 40 worked two outings great went a head and odered new one from skidim only 15.50 thanks again was going to start adjusting shifter

thanks pulled out and yes a little rust around ball sanded and put wd 40 worked two outings great went a head and odered new one from skidim only 15.50 thanks again was going to start adjusting shifter

Thumbup.gif I bought a new one too figuring that I would replace it once it started acting up again. :unsure: It's been over 3 years now... Dontknow.gif Still have the new one, I keep it in the boat.

Glad it fixed your problem. :)