Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Blue Stain on white/grey Vinyl

I need some help here. I had some friends up to the lake this weekend and they had a blue beach bag they brought on the boat. Apparently the sun screen (never allow it on the boat normally) leaked through the bag and has stained the seat a dark blue. I tried a magic eraser and Babe's seat cleaner and it isn't even lightening it. I had this happen once before with a bathing suit and the sun finally bleached it out. However, this is under the bimini top and not in the sun that often.

They have offered to have the seat recovered and feel terrible. Before I go that far and have them pay a couple hundred bucks, do you have any suggestions on getting it out?

Thanks as always.

Someone on here, can't remember who...(but was a dealer) said their boat detailer uses Soft Scrub Liquid with Bleach with much success on really tough stains.

The UV light from the sun will "eventually" lighten, if not completely eliminate it...but who wants to wait THAT long? Whistling.gif

Maybe do a little research on the net, bu I have just heard recently that gasoline takes out stains in leather, not sure about vinyl... try using a cotton swab if you decide to try...

Get the ultra Mr. Clean eraser. Can't remember what it's actually called, but there's a normal eraser, and a super eraser. Whatever that doesn't get off should be bleached out by the sun. Take that seat out of the boat and set it out in the sun in your back yard for a week. Make sure you check it daily to make sure there are no bird splotches on it. :)

Unless it is a NEW product, I think it is the Magic Eraser that he mentioned trying.

But your right...it "usually" works like a champ.

Get the ultra Mr. Clean eraser. Can't remember what it's actually called, but there's a normal eraser, and a super eraser. Whatever that doesn't get off should be bleached out by the sun. Take that seat out of the boat and set it out in the sun in your back yard for a week. Make sure you check it daily to make sure there are no bird splotches on it. :)

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Unfortunately, nothing worked (and I tried it all). I ordered the new vinyl yesterday. $322 installed. My friend who's bag it was is instisting on paying for it.

Anyway, it will be fixed in 3 weeks.