Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Having some fun with an X2

DC-STRO

The wake on the Malibu far exceeds the X2. They only have three in the malibu too.

Without knowing the ballast setups it is hard to make a comparison.

What a waste of glass, I just don't get the surfin thing.

What part of boating isn't a "waste of gas"? I doubt many here have to go boating to get to their job every day. It's all about the fun no matter what you're doing in or behind your boat. You know that... Thumbup.gif

What part of boating isn't a "waste of gas"? I doubt many here have to go boating to get to their job every day. It's all about the fun no matter what you're doing in or behind your boat. You know that... Thumbup.gif

Not gas...glass

Look at the water around the two boats, I see flat water everywhere.

Not gas...glass

Yeah, but if you're wiped out from wakeboarding or slalom skiing or barefooting, the surfboard is fun.

I am the surfer turned body boarder on the left side in the video.

I will be the first participant in the action to say it was awesome, not a waste of gas (I was behind my friends boat so technically it was his gas Rockon.gif ), and by no means a waste of "glass" either. Fortunately, at the lake we frequent its typical to have "glass" 5 out of 7 days of the week and almost always every day in the evening, so there is plenty of time for wakeboarding and wakeskating sessions!

As far as the speed goes, we had to bump the speed up a bit to 11.5 on the PP. We typically run 10.5 and drive a slight curve to shape the wake. However, since we had to drive straight in both boats to avoid collision we had to go a little faster to get a clean wake since it wanted to white wash at 10.5 going straight. However, next time we do it we are going to try some different weight setups and dial the speed down. Except I have to wait until my friend with the X2 gets back from teaching at a wakeboard camp in Alaska in a couple weeks. I will report back when we do it again!

Not gas...glass

Awww crap. Mah bad! Too many posts about the gas prices in my head! Yah gotta admit though... slinging around 60 mph in tube being whipped around by a boat is kinda fun on glass :)

Okay D-GOOSE, we're going to have to try that at WOW.

Okay... Thumbup.gif

I'm all in, I just want to ride that thing one time. Woody and I had one set up a few yrs back in some junk water but have never went out on glass.

We can use my boat and I have two huge board. Thumbup.gif

Tim and I were side by side on our way back to the launch Memorial weekend and through a heck of a spline....imagine if we had them loaded up. I've got my pro-x bags to assist with this venture.

Looks like fun guys. Did you guys ever try to go wave to wave standing up?

M-Dude, put kb3 on your right side, that way there will be a huge wave to rocket off of to get over to yours. :) You will also need to your stern slightly behind him so when the rider leaves the one wave he will be at the sweet spot on yours.

Looks like fun guys. Did you guys ever try to go wave to wave standing up?

M-Dude, put kb3 on your right side, that way there will be a huge wave to rocket off of to get over to yours. :) You will also need to your stern slightly behind him so when the rider leaves the one wave he will be at the sweet spot on yours.

Will do and I'm sure it'll workout better than having two slalomskiers do it last time we all tried it...with the swamped Echelon to boot...lol

Since you guys have identical boats (power wedge & all), you could probably throw the ideal spine that would be identical on each side.

We might just have to since ol timmy decided to go and get hurt... It'd be interesting to setup ours w/ the PW and your free floating wedge w/ exact weights otherwise to see if there is a difference or not. Provided there is enough water to take on all that ballast...lol

We might just have to since ol timmy decided to go and get hurt... It'd be interesting to setup ours w/ the PW and your free floating wedge w/ exact weights otherwise to see if there is a difference or not. Provided there is enough water to take on all that ballast...lol

We'll bring the lake levels up all by ourselves, haha. Can't wait to try it, it really looks like fun.

Woody and I had one set up a few yrs back in some junk water but have never went out on glass.

That was up at Bullard's. It never did clean up. It was like surfing in a washing machine. Crazy.gif

Since you guys have identical boats (power wedge & all), you could probably throw the ideal spine that would be identical on each side.

Thats what we thought but turns out that a DD and a V-Drive together make the best. We've tried several combos.

Thats what we thought but turns out that a DD and a V-Drive together make the best. We've tried several combos.

Interesting we tried it w/ a DD and a 247 and wasn't working at all.