Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How is our wake?

txwakejunkie

post-5306-1215371928_thumb.jpg

This is the wake we had this weekend with:

factory front, mid and rear right ballast full,

flyhigh 400# sac in rear locker

flyhigh 400# sac on side seat

4 people in the boat 1 on the board

wedge down, 11mph (not sure the speedo is right)

When the girls ride they have 8-10 feet of sweet spot to play with. When the guys go we only have 2-3 feet, what gives?

What do we need to do to make the sweet spot better for us guys?

Well I dont know what kind of girls you hang out with, but the girls I hang out with are half my weight. Im 220 and there around 110-115. So when Im surfing all I get is a 110 pound girl driving and when a girl is surfing they get my 220 pound a** driving, and thats why they always get a better wave and they always will because there light. So all I can suggest is bring more girls to make up for your weight while your surfing.

I have a 04 23lsv. I put a 800# in the bow, an 800# in the locker and 8 85# sacs on the seat. That is in addition to the factory ballast and wedge. Throw in 6 to 10 people and you have a tall and long wake.

Looks like a pretty decent wake, IMHO. Thumbup.gif

Am always surprised at how much cleaner the wake is on the starboard side. I think it is the prop wash, or lack thereof, that helps create that sweet lip/curl. ;-)

Here is one of the wake we got last year. Pretty much the same this year, although...admittedly, it is sometimes LONGER than others. I think THAT is the real trick. Not that hard to get the wake BIG, IMHO.

post-2658-1215381113_thumb.jpg

Edited by WaveMake'nLSV

My wife is normally driving and I understand that being 250lb's, that it is an additional 150lbs in the driver seat when i am driving. Just didnt think it would make that much of a difference.

Make sure your midship and bow ballast stay FULL, btw. My wake kept getting shorter and I kept having to put more people in the bow the other day. Turns out, my bow ballast was nearly empty after an hour or two of surfing. Mad.gif

My wife is normally driving and I understand that being 250lb's, that it is an additional 150lbs in the driver seat when i am driving. Just didnt think it would make that much of a difference.

When the girls ride they have 8-10 feet of sweet spot to play with. When the guys go we only have 2-3 feet, what gives?

I beleive at his point it should be called a wave...

I did think about calling it a wave, guess i should have. :)

Well I dont know what kind of girls you hang out with, but the girls I hang out with are half my weight. Im 220 and there around 110-115. So when Im surfing all I get is a 110 pound girl driving and when a girl is surfing they get my 220 pound a** driving, and thats why they always get a better wave and they always will because there light. So all I can suggest is bring more girls to make up for your weight while your surfing.

For a long time it was my son that always got the best wave for this reason, he got the most body weight in the boat. Now, he's 13 & he's growing so fast that you can almost see him getting bigger by the minute. So I get the biggest wave now, & my husband gets the smallest. You can see how the wave is shorter when he gets out there, that extra 100 lbs does make a difference.

I wouldn't mind pulling a some tandem tubes through that coming the opposite direction. Hit just right, that ought to send a few riders airborne.

I wouldn't mind pulling a some tandem tubes through that coming the opposite direction. Hit just right, that ought to send a few riders airborne.

OK we need to talk about this tube thing. When should we set the apointment for? RTFM.gif

Looks like a nice wake to me.

For me I like having fat sacs over more people. I find the wake to be taller and harder then with people and the fat sac will not move to the other side for a drink when you pulling a lip slide.

We added my buddies 350# sac to the front and a 350# filled half way to the back but the wake got nasty and lost its push. any reason why that happened?

"Airborne" for sure. Check this out - Watch closely

I can remember along time ago getting two sport nautiques (my dads and his friends) and going about 10-15 mph about 15 feet apart from each other...then here comes my dad and his buddies on their standup jetskis right through the middle at full throttle! saw many-o barrel roll off thathuge wake! I wonder how much air they could get and how big that wake would doin the same thing with some loaded down 247's! of course he's 20 years older now so I doubt it would be as fun for them haha!