Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

looking to buy a new bu..

Vanman

Could someone give me an idea as to how well the XTI 23 performs..?

I am looking at a slalom boat..recreational only and some wake boarding..!

How does this design work for those of you that have one..?

Would you buy again and does that interior design work well for you..?

What about wake surfing..?

Really like this boat...Just unsure..!!! Dontknow.gif

Thank you in advance everyone..!

Edited by Vanman

I have the 21 xti and love it. I need to sell it though for other reasons. I'm disappointed to hear I might not be able to get one again when I'm ready to buy once more.

It depends on the hull. does it have the wake hull or the diamond hull. you will be able to notice the difference between the two behind the boat for sure. for skiing I would look at the diamond hull.

I love my 23xti, I have the diamond hull, the layout is great for lounging in the back and affords a little better ski wake than a v-drive. - we do mostly wakeboarding with some skiing and surfing.

Wakeboarding - I have found you really have to weight it down alot and putting some weight in the front really helps to make a cleaner wake - 10 people, full ballast and a 600lb fatsac make a nice big wake.

Skiing - if you have more than 3 people in the boat the wake is pretty apparent, - its no response, my top speed is about 44.5 with an OJ 11x13.

Surfing - with 5 people and a 600lb sac we can get enough wave to surf even my brother who is 210lbs can consistently

stay on the wave - see picture. Once again you have to have weight in the front to make it clean and the wedge down.

gallery_2982_440_45001.jpg

I love my 23xti, I have the diamond hull, the layout is great for lounging in the back and affords a little better ski wake than a v-drive. - we do mostly wakeboarding with some skiing and surfing.

Wakeboarding - I have found you really have to weight it down alot and putting some weight in the front really helps to make a cleaner wake - 10 people, full ballast and a 600lb fatsac make a nice big wake.

Skiing - if you have more than 3 people in the boat the wake is pretty apparent, - its no response, my top speed is about 44.5 with an OJ 11x13.

Surfing - with 5 people and a 600lb sac we can get enough wave to surf even my brother who is 210lbs can consistently

stay on the wave - see picture. Once again you have to have weight in the front to make it clean and the wedge down.

The boat that i am looking at has the 25 wake hull..?

Is this not a good idea..?

Thanks..

Edited by Vanman

Thanks..

I think the wake hull would be better for wakeboarding - it is what I would prefer - Are you going to ski or wakeboard more?

Thanks..

That'll be decent for wakeboarding and surfing, but it won't slalom ski as well as the diamond hull.

I have the 23' xti with the wake hull. If it is open water skiing, the wake is so so. I love the layout because it gives a 'little kids' area and 'big kids' areas.

I have the 23 xti and I love it. It is pretty good for slalom considering it's a 23 foot boat. The ballast and wedge give it a very good wakeboard wake and it surfs fine with the right weight. I don't see the point of buying an xti if you don't have the diamond hull. Yes, the performance is better, but if you care at all about waterskiing, you'd wouldn't want the wake hull. The vdrives are great, but they are like driving a train compared to the direct drives. There is something about a well-balanced boat with a 1:1 transmission, it's like a sports car. I also like the seating layout of the xti's. Yes, the vdrive is nice for everyone right together, but that hasn't been a drawback for us since it's usually kids and adults and each can have their own space. Short story is, it's a great boat for multi-purpose, but you lose much of that if you don't have the diamond hull.