Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dyed Fuel

erk

One of our local gas stations is selling dyed fuel for a cheaper price. I was wondering if some of the experts on this board would know of any long term problems this may cause.

Thanks in advance

died diesel is very hard on diesels it dose not have the lubrication that regular diesel has plus u will get up to a $20000 fine for running it on the hiway,

died diesel is very hard on diesels it dose not have the lubrication that regular diesel has plus u will get up to a $20000 fine for running it on the hiway,

It's the same stuff with the exception of the added red dye for agricultural only use so there is no extra highway taxes added to the cost,why would they reformulate it just to identify it. and yes it's a big fine if your caught with it in the tank on the highway. it's saves me and many farmers lots of money. I haven't had any problems caused by dyed fuel with the Cat skid loader the D-6 the STX450 or either back hoe and multiple other diesel engined equipment over the last 10 years so Dontknow.gif