Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dead Dash

Seond time this has happened. Just riding along and all of a sudden the boat starts beeping and all my gauges go dead. They just beep as if just starting the boat then flatline. No Idea what this could be. Fuses all are on. My Perfect Pass works still. And my boat drives fine and restarts fine. I just cant see my depth/ info and my fuel level etc..

Any Idea on this?

Thanks for the responses.

When i had my PP installed the RPM's didn't display and never got it fixed. I moved out to so cal and paid my bu dealer to fix it.. They ran a new tach wire and it was fixed. I wouldn't know where to start looking for a loose connection. How would I know if my MMC went bad?

its only a 2003 with 250 hours on it.

You may also want to check your lanyard. If the lanyard is disconnected, it will prevent the gauges from working - but you said the boat runs fine.

Is is all your gauges or do the Depth Finder & Temp/Clock multi gauge continue to work?

If all, then it's likely wiring as the Tach/speedo & Temp/Oil/Fuel/Alt gauges run off the MDC. The others are independent.

If it's just the central gauges, pulling the lanyard & re-attaching may get the MDC to reset & restart your gauges... It has for me in the past.

The PP gauge is likely wired entirely separately from the MDC & other gauges - so it continues to work.

Guest J-Ro

If the whole dash dies and your engine stops it's your lanyard. The switch goes bad sometimes and doesn't fully depress. Try filling the gap with some tape or bypass the lanyard completely.

Disconnect and reconnect each set of wires going into the MMC. It fixed my dead guages. Disconnect and reconnect the big fat connector at the back for the engine for good measure.

I've had this problem twice. First time dealer found loose ground wires under the dash. They also replaced the computer. Second time they replaced the computer they found that it died b/c it was full of water. They think water came in under the windshield. Havent' had the problem since.

last year tach and speedo would cut out intermittently. this year no guages working. replaced the computer and still nothing. i believe it may be a ground but not sure where to look. can anybody give me detailed info to help correct this? Thank in advance