Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

clearing fault codes

Is there a trick to clear the fault on the ECM? Without taking it to the dealer? I have a Cat A temp or short fault on my boat. Is there a trick I can do with the key or ignition to clear it?

The most probable solution is to just disconnect the battery for a couple minutes. That always works on cars, so I sould be surprised if it doesn't work on a boat. However, if the faulty condition that caused the original code is still present, the code will come back.

I'm not sure about that specific fault code, but sometimes the key has to be turned on and off a certain amount of times, sometimes the engine has to warm up to 160F a certain amount of times. Also disconnecting the battery works on some of the less dangerous faults.

Is there a trick to clear the fault on the ECM? Without taking it to the dealer? I have a Cat A temp or short fault on my boat. Is there a trick I can do with the key or ignition to clear it?

Got the same message on my boat, it is the o2 sensor and will have to be replaced. Took 3 weeks at my particular dealer. Have heard others that got theirs fixed on the spot.

I'm under the assumption that it really doesen't affect the boat performance. I skied this morning and everything was OK, except the fault code still on. I'll try the battery idea.

I have been seeing a display on my digital gauge in the middle of the speedo on my 04 where when I crank up the boat, the code says BAD... anybody have any idea what that is about?? Dontknow.gif

I have been seeing a display on my digital gauge in the middle of the speedo on my 04 where when I crank up the boat, the code says BAD... anybody have any idea what that is about?? Dontknow.gif

Yes. Don't worry about it.

Me2