Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Broken Ski pylon

wakeboard_omega

i have a 1996 sunsetter vlx, it came with the pylon extension on the ski pylon, from barefoot international so a barefoot boom can mount. anyways. the long bolt piece that holds it into the steel between the back seat and engine compartment snapped in half. malibu isnt familiar wih it, and doesnt have a part number for it or anything. i can have one fabbed up for 250$ but im hoping someone has a better solution. or knows a part number for it. or maybe that bolt is the same with other years and i can order that.

it broke pulling up 3 tubes. altho weve done it all the time, with many other boats.

• 2 years later...

Are you talking about the actual built in factory pylon? Or the extended Fly High Pylon??

I have seen the factory pylons for sale for a reasonable price on e-bay, and you can get a flyhigh anywhere...

:search:

Take a picture of the bracket, as the boat i just bought has a bracket and no boom. I'll give it to you if I think it will work for you. I am purchasing a boom for it but will get a new bracket when i get the new boom anyway, so this one is no good to me. :rockon:

Plus1.gif 3 tubes.....really? I don't have one on our boat!

I'd of thought the ski pylon could take 3 tubes.Heck we boat with a guy who tows 3 tubes off his tower on an older 20ft Reinell.It creaks and groans but its still there and no cracked fiberglass.I think he's nuts but he does it all the time :dontknow: Isnt the pylon one of the strongest points on the boat?

Edited by apwrx

If anyone has a bent or broken pylon on a 1996 thru 1999 Malibu Sunsetter VLX...Here is the Part Number from Malibu - Part# 89-10009

- This is not the pylon, but the hardware that mounts through the "doghouse" upon which you would mount the OEM factory pylon.

- I believe this part will work on a 1996, 1997, 1998 & 1999 Sunsetter VLX...the 2000 VLX changed the pylon design.

FYI...I have a call into a dealer and I will post the price after I get it

Per Malibu...

You can call your local dealer and give them this part# and they will be able to order it for you. Just keep in mind that the part will have to be machined here at the factory and it could take a couple of weeks with all of the production parts being made as well.

Edited by SkiBumPMC