Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboarding Instruction

nemalibu

I have been a slalom skiier for a quite a few years. In the past couple of years my wife and I have taken up wakeboarding. We are completely self-taught and likely have some bad habits. At this point we are both stuck at our current levels and are looking for how to advance. We purchased an instructional DVD and picked up a few pointers but neither of us can seem to do a wake-to-wake jump.

Does anyone know where we could get some good instruction to help us advance? I know that there a quite a few good wakeboarders in the area but I also know that being good at something does not mean that you can teach it.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I have been a slalom skiier for a quite a few years. In the past couple of years my wife and I have taken up wakeboarding. We are completely self-taught and likely have some bad habits. At this point we are both stuck at our current levels and are looking for how to advance. We purchased an instructional DVD and picked up a few pointers but neither of us can seem to do a wake-to-wake jump.

Does anyone know where we could get some good instruction to help us advance? I know that there a quite a few good wakeboarders in the area but I also know that being good at something does not mean that you can teach it.

Check with your local dealer for the DVD collection called "The Book". It is a four disc set that provides all the basic concepts as well as advanced tricks. It is a little pricy but you get a lot of information.

Check with your local dealer for the DVD collection called "The Book". It is a four disc set that provides all the basic concepts as well as advanced tricks. It is a little pricy but you get a lot of information.

I have ordered "The Book" 5 DVD set, from Amazon.

I am still interested in any suggestions regarding personal instruction.

i know you said northern CT or western mass. Tony Brazza (brozzo - i forget the spelling) used to teach in RI on johnsons pond. He used to be a world class barefooter, then switched to teaching wakeboarding. not sure if he still does it or not, i'll check around. I know its not Northern CT, but depending on where you are in CT, it won't be more than 1.5 hour ride.

Going waaaaaay back into the trashcan of my memory, there was a small shop in Spencer, MA. Beats me if it's still there, but that's the knid of place that could hook you up.

We have a basic instructional and picked up The Book this spring. So far, The Book (disc 2) has helped more than anything. We tried a lesson with a local guy in NH last month, but I'm not convinced yet. Nice guy, had good experience, etc, but... Watch that disc over & over. Then go out & try it. Then watch it some more.

Do some research around you there. What lake, BTW? Is it the one about 50 letters long that I can't remember?

OK, my coaching: work on your edging. Once you have control of your edges, you'll hit the wakes better. My problem is being too chicken to try stuff.

Going waaaaaay back into the trashcan of my memory, there was a small shop in Spencer, MA. Beats me if it's still there, but that's the knid of place that could hook you up.

We have a basic instructional and picked up The Book this spring. So far, The Book (disc 2) has helped more than anything. We tried a lesson with a local guy in NH last month, but I'm not convinced yet. Nice guy, had good experience, etc, but... Watch that disc over & over. Then go out & try it. Then watch it some more.

Do some research around you there. What lake, BTW? Is it the one about 50 letters long that I can't remember?

OK, my coaching: work on your edging. Once you have control of your edges, you'll hit the wakes better. My problem is being too chicken to try stuff.

Are you thinking of Webster Lake that has a really long name Lake Chargoggagoggmanchuaggauggagoggchaubungungmaugg it is in MA not CT but is close to the border.

I don't know if they teach wakeboarding there but there is a ski club there http://www.nipmucskiclub.org/ I don't have anything to do with it but I am familiar with it.