Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

slalom wake

brettpendl

Hey all. I keep hearing about how the 23 lsv's slalom wake is pretty good for a 23 foot wakeboat. I hear this is because of the diamond hull. Anybody seen the slalom wake behind a vlx with the wake hull. Is it the same, smaller, bigger? Thanks in advance.

So you're comparing a VLX with the wake hull to a 23 with the diamond hull?

And will this be a 2008 VLX, or the new one for 2009?

Slightly smaller the VLX is still a big heavy boat. If you want to recreationally ski with no plans to do more than that maybe, but anything less than 32 is just not acceptable imho. Then again anything short of the Response isn't either...lol

I'm going to respectfully disagree. The VLX is actually pretty decent once you get past the pump at 28 off. It's from 15 off to there that sucks, which is where most aspiring skiers are going to be spending their time.

So, for recreational water skiing, it's probably fine, and if you're skiing into 32 off it's probably alright too (although I seriously doubt you're looking at v-drives if that's how you ski).

My 2 cents - I was looking at the VLX and the VTX. I'm a skier, but needed a crossover for the family. The VLX is decent - for sure at 15 off, but it gets a little bigger after that. The VTX, on the other hand, has a great ski wake. At 22 off you get a little bump from the rooster tail - but every other length (at least up to 38 off) is great. Of course, we've got the cut diamond hull. The VTX and VLX are only a foot different in length, and they really don't feel different in the seating. For a crossover boat, the VTX is outstanding.

I am feeling a 2002-2008 Response LXI with the Power Wedge, Titan Tower, Bimini, Tower racks, jump seat and call it a day.... I am certain it is easier to make a crossover boat out of a DD. I am sure the VTX with the Diamond hull would absolutely fantastic also. You have to ask yourself... will it be 60/40, 70/30 one way or another and decide.

I haven't ever ridden behind a VTX with a diamond hull, but I have watched several, and it looks great. The pull and holeshot will be much faster and stronger from the Response, but I doubt the VTX would be far behind.

And now it is time for me to get my act together for the BBQ today. If you feel the earth shake today... don't worry, it isn't an earthquake... it is just my fireworks display! I got a little out of hand with the purchasing in Wyoming and now I think there might be a big crater missing from my cul de sac. Everyone have a safe and wondering Holiday!!