Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AWSA approved?

dukesofhw

I'm looking at buying a 1996 Sunsetter. I went to the AWSA website for approved towboats and did not see the 1996 Sunsetter listed. Is it correct that it is not an approved boat? Am I missiing something. If it is not approved, why? How important is this.

Thanks for your input.

I'm looking at buying a 1996 Sunsetter. I went to the AWSA website for approved towboats and did not see the 1996 Sunsetter listed. Is it correct that it is not an approved boat?

I don't remember if Malibu sent the boat to be approved that year or not, but it was in 1995.

How important is this.

Not at all, in any way shape or form.

I'm looking at buying a 1996 Sunsetter. I went to the AWSA website for approved towboats and did not see the 1996 Sunsetter listed. Is it correct that it is not an approved boat?

I don't remember if Malibu sent the boat to be approved that year or not, but it was in 1995.

How important is this.

Not at all, in any way shape or form.

Thanks for your response. I was just curious why the Sunsetter was approved in 92, 95 and 99 and not the in between years. Why would the boat be approved in 1995 and not 1996? What changed on the boat? Maybe I just do not understand the approval process. It sounds like you have to submit the boat to the AWSA for approval. I will contact them for further clarification. By the way, how is this boat as a wake surfing boat (considering how old it is). I would imagine that it is pretty good with the rear locker that you can put fat sacks in. Please comment.

Thanks again for your response and input.