Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chrome transom emblem

srh99vlx

Has anybody priced the Chrome transom emblems or the emblems that are on the aft gunnels of the newer model Malibus? I called the local dealer a few weeks back and they weren't really excited about calling and getting the price for them. I think the transom emblem is smaller and will work better for my application.

They're actually stainless steel, not chrome. And they're held on with two (10" rear version) or three (24" side version) stainless screws and 3M adhesive tape.

They're actually stainless steel, not chrome. And they're held on with two (10" rear version) or three (24" side version) stainless screws and 3M adhesive tape.

probably pretty short screws, huh... Maybe I'll sac-up and try it. Anything do dress-up and Echelon.

probably pretty short screws, huh...

I think the factory uses 1" stainless pan head screws.

I guess I should have said polished stainless instead of chrome.

Just thought I clarify for future viewers of this thread. Thumbup.gif

Which do you think would look better? I was thinking of putting the transom emblems on the gunnels and a third transom emblem on the transom. The alternatives of course would be the gunnel emblems on the gunnels and the transom emblem on the transom, or transom emblems on the gunnels and a gunnel emblem on the transom. Sounds confusing. I think the first option would be more understated. I don't have a pic of mine on my computer, but it has this gel coat pattern in a dark green. http://malibu.stanwicks.com/DSC01570.JPG

Also, I intend on taking my vinyl "malibu" off for a clean look.

Edited by srh99vlx
Bump, hoping for some opinions.

Will the 26'' fit on the gunwale? Has anyone tried that on an older boat? I think it would look sick....just curious if it would fit.

Has anybody priced the Chrome transom emblems or the emblems that are on the aft gunnels of the newer model Malibus? I called the local dealer a few weeks back and they weren't really excited about calling and getting the price for them. I think the transom emblem is smaller and will work better for my application.

IMHO that is one model that just looks sweet w/o any graphics on it.

probably pretty short screws, huh... Maybe I'll sac-up and try it. Anything do dress-up and Echelon.

I do get some minor water sports on the carpet inside. FYI they are a #$%%^^^@@@% to clean around and wax.

I like the clean look too and especially without any graphics, but these emblems are really cool. I am leaning towards using two small ones in the gunnel location and maybe nothing on the transom. If I put one on the transom, it will probably be one of the smaller ones too.

I like the clean look too and especially without any graphics, but these emblems are really cool. I am leaning towards using two small ones in the gunnel location and maybe nothing on the transom. If I put one on the transom, it will probably be one of the smaller ones too.

Skip the transom one and get a transom pad instead to protect the gelcoat from wakeboard/ski dings.