Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Reasonable price structure for remaining '08 Inventory?

AZ Mike

Now that the '09s are going to be rolling off the line, how does that impact prices on the existing '08 inventory? I have read on this board that approximately 15% off of MSRP is excellent on a new boat. How much more of a discount could be hoped for now that this new boat is a year old with respect to its model line?

The in-stock 08s are worth 100% off MSRP right now. After they fix the throttles, maybe 15-20% would be a smokin' good deal.

The in-stock 08s are worth 100% off MSRP right now. After they fix the throttles, maybe 15-20% would be a smokin' good deal.

Unfotunately that is very funny! ROFL.gif And very painful!

After they fix the throttles, maybe 15-20% would be a smokin' good deal.

So a good deal for '08 inventory is 20% off while a good deal for '09 inventory is 15% off? That doesn't make purchasing a year old boat very attractive.

Those figures are VERY changeable based on location, dealer, etc., etc., etc.

However, last Fall I got the bug and started looking for a used boat. Found what I considered a very good deal, but was not exactly as I wanted the boat. I ended up ordering new. Then again, my dealer is a Hell of a no-pressure salesman. He gave me so little encouragement to buy new that I figure I had to, just to try and tick him off. :lol:

Our family just purchased a 08 vlx 3 weeks ago and LOVE it.... We had our throttle replaced and have no problems... We didnt have any problems before but yea, we love it....

Our dealer had one 07 VLX left over, but the color wasn't what we really wanted... It was black and yellow... The price diff was about 6 grand... Which is alot of money, but we are really happy with our boat...

Best of luck...

Kevin