Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Warranty transfer...

1FootDan

As some of you know, I have just sold my 2006 Response. I would like to know what warranties can be transfered to the new owner, how and how much it costs? If it costs money, is it worth it in your opinion?

PS. I bought the boat (took delivery) on May 19th 2006.

Can anybody confirm? How do we proceed? Dontknow.gif

Edited by 1FootDan

3.6 Warranty Transfer Option

A transfer fee of five hundred dollars ($500.00) payable to Malibu Boats LLC. will

include the Limited Lifetime Hull Warranty and remaining three (3) year bumper to

bumper engine warranty supplied by Indmar Products for a period of three (3) years

• The date the boat was originally delivered to the first owner; or

• The date the boat was first put into service - for example, as a dealer "demo" or as

a Malibu factory "demo."

All remaining warranties may be transferred, subject to a boat inspection fee to

be determined by an authorized Malibu Boats Dealer. Contact your nearest

Malibu Boat Dealer for tranfer details, including applicable fees and the

scheduling of a boat inspection.

Any warranty transferred pursuant to this section does not extend the length of

the warranties as specifically limited by section 3.

Need to have boat inspected by dealer to transfer hull warranty & pay transfer cost.

I thought it was worth it for DD because of possible HDS issues.

Edit: See the 'Dude' beat me to it...

Edited by wienrdog
3.6 Warranty Transfer Option

A transfer fee of five hundred dollars ($500.00) payable to Malibu Boats LLC. will

include the Limited Lifetime Hull Warranty and remaining three (3) year bumper to

bumper engine warranty supplied by Indmar Products for a period of three (3) years

• The date the boat was originally delivered to the first owner; or

• The date the boat was first put into service - for example, as a dealer "demo" or as

a Malibu factory "demo."

All remaining warranties may be transferred, subject to a boat inspection fee to

be determined by an authorized Malibu Boats Dealer. Contact your nearest

Malibu Boat Dealer for tranfer details, including applicable fees and the

scheduling of a boat inspection.

Any warranty transferred pursuant to this section does not extend the length of

the warranties as specifically limited by section 3.

Ditto. The pain is the new owner must take it to a dealer for the inspection. Not bad if close, but a pain if far away. The guy who bought our boat was on the road for 5 hours round trip and with gas, the total transaction was a little pricey, not to mention time spent. But he also received different stories from two different dealers on how much it was to transfer the boat and motor, so check behind them. Little "extra" charges seem to pop up unexpectedly.

And while there, get any maintenance items out of the way.

Yikes! Pretty pricey... I will let him know but personally I wouldn't pay for that...