Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Garage Spec's (Will my boat fit!??)

cbixby

Does anyone have the total height, width, length of a 2007 Malibu VTX with the tower down including the trailer (down to the closest inch)?

I have an extreme trailer with a swivel hitch so that should not be a problem for the front of the boat/trailer. I know the length of the boat is 20' but what about the wedge? I have a manual wedge (not sure if that makes a difference) but does anyone know the total length of that boat (without the swim platform of course) including the wedge/wedge mounts.

I have a standard 8' garage that is 7' 8" tall, 8' 9" wide, and around 20' 9" deep...

I am pretty sure I have the width and height but the depth is what I am worried about.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!

Chance ~

I'm gonna vote it's a no go...most swing tongue's still extend 6-12" past the nose of the boat, plus the wedge (even when down) add a few extra inches.

Height should be no problem. Width - Trailer is 102" wide... the tires bulge about another 1/2" on each side so as long as you take it slow it is doable. However, I kind of doubt the lenght will be enough. I don't have an Extreme trailer but my boat and trailer even with the wedge down and swim platform off wouldn't fit in 20'9" deep. Some people have built a "doghouse" out the back of their garage to fit the boat. Is this an option?

Height should be no problem. Width - Trailer is 102" wide... the tires bulge about another 1/2" on each side so as long as you take it slow it is doable. However, I kind of doubt the lenght will be enough. I don't have an Extreme trailer but my boat and trailer even with the wedge down and swim platform off wouldn't fit in 20'9" deep. Some people have built a "doghouse" out the back of their garage to fit the boat. Is this an option?

I am not sure... I will have to look, but I really doubt it.

I just went and measured and it looks like I am right at the 20' 11" might even be 21' if I pull it off right.

What is your idea of the total length of the boat with the swim platform off?

Thanks for the help!

Chad ~

Is that 102" wide at the tires, or at the guide poles? I think you're gonna have to pull the guides off.

My extreme swing-tongue is just a few inches longer than the boat.

Sorry, not home right now to do any measuring.

Is that 102" wide at the tires, or at the guide poles? I think you're gonna have to pull the guides off.

I believe that per the DOT the maximum width of the guide poles aren't supposed to be more than 102" wide either.

I believe that per the DOT the maximum width of the guide poles aren't supposed to be more than 102" wide either.

I have a vRide which is narrower than your boat and I have to remove the guide posts to fit the trailer in my standard 8'x9' garage. The garage's true width is 105" also. Think about it, the LSV 23' has a 102" beam, so its guide poles are definitely wider.

Edited by Cory

I have a 9' wide door (so opening is a little less) and it is about as tight as you can get and still just back it in (eg maybe 4-5" total clearance both sides added together) and not have to get out and check everything for micro clearance. But have a Ryan trailer and need to lift off the guide posts to fit in (for the VTX). Depth is no prob. Can you box out the studs? that will get you 3-5" depending on whether you have 2x4 or 2x6 walls.

I don't have an extreme but my trailer stick out 16" from the front of the boat with the tongue folded. Also, the power wedge sticks out 18" from the back. A manual wedge should be considerable less probably about 8" or so. The platform sticks out 24". Basically I need about 23.5' for my boat to fit. I have a 28' deep garage and after putting the boat in there, I wish that it was even bigger.

Not to be mean, but I built my house on the lake last year. I desigend the garage to make sure I had plenty of room. 36 feet deep with a 10x12 foot door on that bay. My wife backs it in by herself... Whistling.gif

I don't know about the VTX, but maybe this can help a little as a reference. I have a 01 SS VLX listed at 21'0". My garage is 21'2" (actual inside dimension). After removing the swim platform, folding down the wedge and pushing the boat in by hand until it touches the rear wall, I have less than an inch of clearance, but it fits!!! Thumbup.gif

• 6 months later...

Does anyone have a picture of the aforementioned "doghouse" that some people have built into their garage?

I remember seeing a picture, but can't seem to find it when I do a search.

Brian

Not to be mean, but I built my house on the lake last year. I desigend the garage to make sure I had plenty of room. 36 feet deep with a 10x12 foot door on that bay. My wife backs it in by herself... Whistling.gif

We got lucky.. our new house (which was already 1/2 built when we purchased it) came with a 48' deep garage with really heigh ceilings (the door is only 8' high, but it works.) I can back the 23LSV in while hooked up to the Armada and i can back all the way to the point where i can close the door... no need to even unhook the boat. Now why can't all builders get smart and build garages like this!! This was one of the only houses i found where i could fit my boat. I do hope that one day i get to design my own house and garage... someday.

I have a 23LSV. At the top of the guide poles it is 108" wide on an Extreme trailer.

Does anyone here have a 23LSV sitting on a tandem axle Dorsey trailer? I am trying to figure out what the overall length would be with the tongue folded back.

Also, does anyone know where I can find examples/pictures of people who have built a "doghouse" on the back of their garage to get their boat to fit in successfully?

Thanks guys!

• 2 months later...

Team,

I need to know the height of a '07-'08 VTX w/Illusion X, tower folded down on an Extreme trailer. Someone go grab a tape measure and let me know!

Thanks,

-Ed

Team,

I need to know the height of a '07-'08 VTX w/Illusion X, tower folded down on an Extreme trailer. Someone go grab a tape measure and let me know!

Thanks,

-Ed

I need to know what tire and rim package you have. I have the stock tires and rims and I have to let the tongue as low as possible for the tower tow ball to clear the 7 foot door.

Team,

Thanks,

-Ed

I need to know what tire and rim package you have. I have the stock tires and rims and I have to let the tongue as low as possible for the tower tow ball to clear the 7 foot door.

Ah - now the truth can be told! I'm getting that package this year, but need to build a mezzanine in my garage that will clear it! So, I'd like an 'all clear' call on building the height of the 7'-6" to the bottom of the trusses. Will that give me the clearances I need? I have 14'-4" of ceiling height, but don't want to be crawling around up on the mezzanine if I can avoid it.

Thanks again!

-Ed

Ed, one other thing you need to be cognisent of is the racks that you have. My 30 deg Metcrafts had to be taken off all the time but my Titan spinners are fine. 7'6" should be ok, but I would check with a couple of other fellas on here to see what they have to say. Paul at Bakes or Peter at Smooth Water might have better answers for you.

I almost for got to say welcome to the Crew as well. Welcome.gif

Trent