Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

throttle control in! GREAT job malibu!!

Thumbup.gif I received a certafied letter yesterday about the throttle controll issues. Today at 11:00 I recieved a call from my dealer letting me know my throttle controll is in. WOW! what more can I say. GREAT JOB, MALIBU! Oh yeah I"m heading to the lake! good luck to all with the same issue! Clap.gifYahoo.gif

I forgot to mention the gret job! ZF Marine did on handling this issue too. Hats off to all the people involved in fixing the throttle controll! as quick as they did im sure there was some long hours involved good job. OK now I"m heading to the lake!

I forgot to mention the gret job! ZF Marine did on handling this issue too. Hats off to all the people involved in fixing the throttle controll! as quick as they did im sure there was some long hours involved good job. OK now I"m heading to the lake!

How long did the install take?

How long did the install take?

He's at the lake........ Biggrin.gif

Install is less than 10 minutes.

My dealer from Louisanna Watersports in Shreveport, LA drove 75 miles to my boat in my boathouse to install the fix for the throttle problem. Now thats what I call service. He also called me everyday with an update since the recall was posted. Malibu will always be the boat in my lift. Great job Eric.

Yahoo.gif

Install is less than 10 minutes.

My dealer from Louisanna Watersports in Shreveport, LA drove 75 miles to my boat in my boathouse to install the fix for the throttle problem. Now thats what I call service. He also called me everyday with an update since the recall was posted. Malibu will always be the boat in my lift. Great job Eric.

Yahoo.gif

I just got an email from the dealer telling me they will be out to my house on Thursday to fix it. I'm about 50 miles from the dealer, so I'm glad they are making the house call. BTW, should we be expecting some sort of Malibu thank you gift for our patience? I vote for one of those Malibu welcome mats. I've been eyeing one for a while... Whistling.gif

Am I the only one who hasn't heard from the dealer or Malibu?

Malibu hasn't contacted me either

Man, I was over contacted. Malibu e-mailed me, sent me 2 letters. My dealer called me, salesman e-mailed me. Malibu CS called me to follow up and my dealer just e-mailed me letting me know it arrived.

I got my boat back today from the dealer... Ready to go to the lake in the morning... YEA BUDDY!!!! I came across one problem though.... The black lil button that you press in on the throttle to warm up the boat it STUCK.... Got any ideas? I am gona take it back to the dealer while on the way to the lake...

Kevin

The new throttles do not have a rev button, it is now a black plug

How do you fast idle the boat then, if you need to?

Am I the only one who hasn't heard from the dealer or Malibu?

Malibu hasn't contacted me either

Man, I was over contacted. Malibu e-mailed me, sent me 2 letters. My dealer called me, salesman e-mailed me. Malibu CS called me to follow up and my dealer just e-mailed me letting me know it arrived.

I haven't been contacted either.

if you're fuel injected there shouldn't be any need to

i agree in theory, but every once in a while I do use it to "clear" things up...

i agree in theory, but every once in a while I do use it to "clear" things up...

Or get better heat if it's cold out. :) John, I don't know if the 'fix' changes the throttle. However, I have a black plug or button in the base of the throttle itself. You push this in while operating the throttle to get neutral RPM up. I'm thinking this is what the above poster referred to when he said the button stuck.

My dealer has never contacted me and I haven't heard anything from Malibu since the original letter(s) and phone call. During that phone call, I was told that Malibu would be handling it directly, not through the dealer and they expected to have a fix by the 4th and they would dispatch a tech to my house.

Still waiting...

Edited by Matt_Alger

My dealer was the first to contact me, and kept contacting me with updates. Then, I got a certified letter and an overnight letter from Malibu. The dealer called yesterday and said they got 3 shifters in and they fixed mine. I had already taken it up there yesterday because they knew they were getting some in. I picked the boat up yesterday afternoon and took it straight to the water. For those of you who have not heard anything from anyone, I would contact your dealer and see what they have to say.

Good the good call today, and shifter will be on my porch tomorrow morning.

GOOD work malibu.

Don't like hearing hte neutral lock was removed, like being able to rev the boat on occasion.....but im not going to complain if a recall

took less than a week to handle.

Anyone who has only been contacted by Malibu, contact your dealer immdeiately if they haven't already called you. I didn't call my dealer because last week Malibu told me they were going to fix it themselves and not be working through the dealers so there was no need to call my dealer. I called Malibu back today because I saw some people were being taken care of by their dealers. Malibu told me that there was a change in plans and I now had to contact my dealer. Lets hope this works...

Frustrated.gif

Spoke to my dealer and they are going to try to get it fixed on Thursday.

Insert praying Emoticons symbol here!

Edited by Matt_Alger