Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

engine overheated

I am wondering what people think this boat could sell for with a blown engine. I am thinking that if the engine was still in solid working order that the boat would be around 10k. Thoughts?

Personally I think that's a little optimistic.

Also, a marine engine has different cylinder clearances than an automotive engine, so that does matter. It's more than just a cam that makes the difference.

The truly biggest difference are the gaskets used, they are more for salt water application. The freeze plugs are different, but the basic long block is exactly the same. I built engines for 10 years and we had many freezes that cracked blocks and heads, just make sure he used a marine engine build kit, it's more of an RV kit than auto, you'll be fine!

Good Luck and don't give up yet, if your having trouble coming up with the money to fix it now it will be harder to buy another one if you sell it.

Yes I realize that $8500 is optimistic, I was hoping to get opinions of realistic values....

I am serious about selling this, even though I know I'll probably have to take a hit. The way I figure I'm taking a big hit (especially stress wise) if I keep the boat and rebuild it.

Yes I realize that $8500 is optimistic, I was hoping to get opinions of realistic values....

I don't think anyone here wants to be the bearer of that bad news. Go to NADA Guides Website and punch in the particulars of your boat. Then subtract the cost of having the engine replaced and then subtract another $1000 for the hassle.

GWB

Your inbox is full and I cannot send you a message...

I am serious about selling this, even though I know I'll probably have to take a hit. The way I figure I'm taking a big hit (especially stress wise) if I keep the boat and rebuild it.