Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

checking for engine codes?

forgive the silly question....

my engine is running rich...with power loss... 2003 xti monsoon

how do you check for a fault code from the ecm?....(is there any indication)?...do i need a code reader?

appreciate any information....

trent

There is a code reader you can buy but it is VERY expensive. I took my boat to a local shop in my town and asked them if they could hook it up to their code reader and how much they would charge me. They did it for free.

running rich with power loss.. Sounds like what my engine did when I cracked a head from a hose popping off and over heating. :(

running rich with power loss.. Sounds like what my engine did when I cracked a head from a hose popping off and over heating. :(

yea....im getting a sinking feeling..... the boat did over heat alittle....water shutoff valve was in cutoff...it ran long enough for the horn to sound...

any way to see if its cracked?....

Cry.gif

also....i should add.....

the boat will get up to speed...it just takes a lot longer.....

also...no smoke...or water in the oil...

and other ideas>???

You can buy a Mercruiser code reader that flashes a light for the code. there are also generic brands, which is the same thing for $40. Do a google search of MEFI 4, and some will pop up on sites.