Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swiveling Drivers Seat

electricjohn

Anyone out there who has added the swivel to their Rlxi's drivers seat, how are you liking it? Do you still get the forward and back adjustment? Does it latch into any swivel position or just the driving position ? Any regrets?

Thanks

John

Peter @ Smooth Water had a few made a couple of years back. I loved it! You lost no forward and back range, picked up a full swivel, and it increased the seat height by about 3/4 inches.

I have the swivel seat on 2007 VLX not on a RLXI. Sometimes the pin will come out of the hole when driving and it will swivel when you don't wan't it to. We rarely use it, mostly forward and back. Chevy_anim.gif

Edited by bu2007vlx

Love the swivel in my Vride. The lock mechanism needs to be lengthened as it's way up under the seat. But it pretty much stays unlocked all the time.

Had an AirRide in my Prostar, which was the coolest seat in the boat but didn't have any swivel action.

Peter @ Smooth Water had a few made a couple of years back. I loved it! You lost no forward and back range, picked up a full swivel, and it increased the seat height by about 3/4 inches.

Thats the one I've been interested in for a few years now. Maybe this year. I am in his nieghborhood quite often.

Edited by electricjohn

does anyone have pics of that setup? I know someone had said there was write up in the old website but the pics never made the crossover. Anyone still have a boat that has peters unit and could take some pics?

Which was especially helpful for a short guy like Will.

I prefer the term "Compact."

But Jack, at least I can see over the dash without having the bolster seat up. Tease.gif

Which was especially helpful for a short guy like Will.

I prefer the term "Compact."

But Jack, at least I can see over the dash without having the bolster seat up. Tease.gif

Biggrin.gif

Love the swivel in my Vride. The lock mechanism needs to be lengthened as it's way up under the seat. But it pretty much stays unlocked all the time.

Had an AirRide in my Prostar, which was the coolest seat in the boat but didn't have any swivel action.

Man, isn't that the truth. It is one of those things I'm surprised Malibu let out of their factory. It is nearly impossible to reach or locate unless you have a creeper!

Anyone out there who has added the swivel to their Rlxi's drivers seat, how are you liking it? Do you still get the forward and back adjustment? Does it latch into any swivel position or just the driving position ? Any regrets?

Thanks

John

I am also interested in RLxi's experience.

Non swivel driver's seat is the only thing I don't like about the boat.

Search up. I am pretty sure I posted my swivel conversion on my 98 VLX a year or so ago. If not I have all of the pics. It cost around $50.00 to do. Since then I found the Garelick OEM Swivels and thought about switching over but so far mine has been great.

Edit- http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....ic=3543&hl= ............

Edited by Tracktor
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, the garelick is what comes stock in the newer boats. It's alot more stable so you wouldn't need to use the roller I have in front. The upside to the roller is that I drill detents so it will stop at certain increments. You just lean back and it releases. Makes it nice to have it swiveled partway when driving. The garlick might be a bit higher which is laso an advantage, IMO.................

Tracktor do you have a link to the swivel you are speaking of I googled but found nothing that would even remotely work on our boats

I have been considering retrofitting our '07 RLXI to the swivel seat also. Great side effect is the additional height. Almost pulled the trigger and did it last year, maybe this fall..... Would love to know if it will swivel all the way around on our RLXI, it's pretty cramped around the seat..

Hey Tractor, Thanks for the link, I think I'm going to get one However I was looking at the picture and it looks like the lever with the black knob will be on the Right side of the Driver seat which my be a bit harder to get to than on the Left where it is now on the Non-Swivel seat.