Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX w/ 725#

live2ski423

I am wanting to run the Launch Pad 725# sacks in each of my rear lockers on our '07 VTX. Is anyone else running them or have any recommendations? I have only used FatSacs before, but it looks like the square, covered bags might be a pretty clean, neat look in the locker. My thought is that with one in each locker, we could fill them partially for wakeboarding (depending on how many people are aboard), and it would be easy (or easier anyway) to fill completely on one side and switch from goofy to regular surf wake with one in each locker. We are a boat full of mostly goofy surfers, but there are a couple of guys that ride regular as well.

I am just wondering about the quality of the Launch Pad bags / covers, and whether everyone thinks they'll fit.

Thanks, Crew! Rockon.gif

I'm on my second season with the Launch Pads. They are ok. Just a pain like most bags. :) I remove them regularly to dry things out so I like the handles and the straps.

I also use a 440# one and move it around midship as needed. Can't help you regarding fitting one in a VTX.

-Charlie

I'm on my second season with the Launch Pads. They are ok. Just a pain like most bags. :) I remove them regularly to dry things out so I like the handles and the straps.

I also use a 440# one and move it around midship as needed. Can't help you regarding fitting one in a VTX.

-Charlie

Thanks. I think I will hang on to the 600 Fac Sac I have as well.

since ya'll own a vtx can someone answer this.. does the vtx and if you know vlx the factory ballast are all tanks underneath even the front ballast if you oppt for it?? sorry to steal the thread... but when we ride behind my friends boat (x-star) we do fill the factory and put 800 in each locker and i think a 580 in front and sometimes lay a few on the floor if its only like 4 of us make for a crazy big wake

Edited by outkastzkerry

All the new VLX and VTX have tanks under the floorboards for the rear and midship. The bow ballast is under the seating area and fills the area that is under the removable center cushion.